Chapter 51 - July 21, 2004

Anna holds Sookie's hand as her daughter screams in pain. 'You're doing great, honey,' Anna says and strokes a lock of hair out of her daughter's face. 'I'm not doing great, she doesn't want to come out,' Sookie says annoyed and in pain. 'Two more pushes and she'll be here,' the OB says friendly. 'Oh sure,' Sookie rolls her eyes. She starts screaming again. 'Okay, great! Now push!' Sookie pushes again. 'My organs are bursting,' Sookie mutters. 'I assure you they are not. Now, one more push and she's here.' So, Sookie pushes one more time.

'She's here!' the OB says with a big smile. 'You did great mama!' The OB cleans the little girl a bit and holds her up. 'You can cut the umbilical cord,' he says to Anna. 'Are you sure?' Anna asks Sookie. 'Of course, mom,' Sookie smiles at the little baby. Anna cuts the cord. And they put the little girl in Sookie's arms. 'She's slimy, but so adorable,' Sookie says and starts crying. 'Oh, honey. I'm so proud of you,' Anna says and strokes her daughter's hair. 'I wish he was here.' 'Me too,' Anna says and looks at the little human being in Sookie's arms.

'What are you going to name her?' The nurse asks with a friendly smile. 'Lily, Lily Anna Svenson-Hanlin.' 'That's beautiful,' the nurse says and takes the little newborn so she can dress and clean up the little girl. 'Sookie, you don't have to name her after me,' Anna says and hugs her daughter. 'Well, it's only her middle name.' Anna smiles proudly and hugs her daughter again.