Chapter 39 - July 20th, 2002

'Drive safe,' Robert says and kisses the top of Sookie's head. 'I'm going to miss you!' Adrian says. 'I'll miss you too little man,' Sookie says and high-fives her little brother. 'I'll miss my best employee,' Alexei says sadly. 'I'll be back in two weeks,' Sookie says and gives her stepfather a hug. Robert turns to Erik. 'You better keep her safe, you hear me?' 'Loud and clear, sir,' Erik says and shakes Roberts hand.

Erik and Sookie get in the van and drive off. 'They really love you,' Erik says after a while. 'Everyone loves me,' Sookie laughs. 'I guess that's true,' Erik says and smiles softly. 'Even you,' Sookie says and pokes his arm. 'Even me, yes,' Erik says. 'Well, I love you too,' Sookie says and stares out of the window. 'You do?' Erik asks surprised. 'No, I just say stuff like that,' Sookie says.

Erik stops the van and looks at her. 'Do you have to pee already?' Sookie asks surprised and looks at the young man. 'Do you love me?' Erik asks surprised. 'Yes. What else did you expe-' Erik kisses the girl he fell in love with the moment they met. Love is a big word, but it's the first time it makes sense to him. Sookie kisses him back.

'Here I thought you were going to kiss me the first time we hung out, you damn well waited for a month,' Sookie laughs. 'Oh, I wanted too, believe me.' 'I believe you,' Sookie says and kisses his cheek. 'Now drive, Svenson. I want to see my mother,' Sookie says.

Later that night they stop at a little grocery store. 'Moussaka?' Sookie asks. 'We already ate that yesterday,' Erik says. 'Well, what do you want to eat then?' 'I don't know, I just want to sleep. We have been driving forever.' 'Well, tomorrow we are on a ferry,' Sookie says. 'Just pick something to eat, here's some money,' Erik says and goes outside.

Sookie buys some Greek sweets, olives and other things. 'I got a little from everything that's traditional Greek food,' Sookie says and give the change to Erik. 'Thanks,' Erik says.

'So, what's on your mind?' Sookie asks as they start driving to a camping spot. 'I just wish I spent more time with you in Greece,' Erik sighs. 'We spent everyday together,' Sookie gently says. 'I know, I know. It's just that I don't want this to be our last two weeks together,' Erik says and parks somewhere near a tree line.

'It doens't mean that if I go back, you can't? You went form England to Scotland to England. Who says you can't go from Greece to Italy to Greece? Maybe mix in some Sicily?' Sookie says and takes Erik's hand. Erik smiles. 'Why am I such a pessist?' he sighs. 'Pessimist. And I don't know. Maybe you want to hold on to the little love you experience now you never got form your parents?' 'Since when are you a psychologist?' 'Since that's what I studied in college,' Sookie says.

Erik smiles softly. 'So explain what you got in that bag,' he says and takes out the food. 'That's Baklava, those are green olives ...