SET 4: Nayeon x M Reader- [In Your Eyes]

Set 4 is on! As you can see in the title, it's got some slight changes. The gender of the "reader" for this one is now specified to be male. Plus, originally titled to be "After Hours", it was replaced by "In Your Eyes" — still inspired by The Weeknd's song of the same name.

This is the last continuation of the previous two Nayeon one-shots from Set 3 and Set 1, "Out Of Time" and "Save Your Tears", so if you haven't read those, better check them out first as it will help you understand what is going on in this one-shot. Just like in "Out Of Time", I want to dedicate this to my friend and fellow author JangJeonghoon for also giving me this idea to create one more and conclude Nayeon and YN's story since "Save Your Tears".

Like what I said also in my announcement, my updates are about to be slower than usual now because our classes in college just started last Monday, and since today and tomorrow Friday are our breaks , I just had some free time to finish this.

Happy 15K reads to this book!

-------

Nayeon heads through her bedroom after taking dinner after going home from work. She replaced her uniform with a comfortable pair of sky-blue pajamas with patches of rabbit emoji faces after taking a night bath.

After drying her hair with a towel, she quickly slumped her body onto the bed, laying with her front buried in the soft cushion.
It didn't take long for her to switch her position, now turning her back to be the one instead of getting in contact with the bed.

She reached for her phone on the pillow beside her and opened it. Scrolling through Instagram, a post made her halt her thumb from swiping down the screen.

A picture of you and Lily inside a stadium where both attended a concert  of The Weeknd in Florida.

Nayeon just stared at the screen, her gaze only directed at your face.

She saw how happy her face looked with Lily beside her, making her think that they were sure going strong until now.

It's been 2 years. Nayeon is still waiting.

But ever since you kept on uploading pictures of him and Lily together since last week, those smiles on each other's faces that Nayeon thinks all of it has just the same meaning; strong and healthy, that results in something inside her keeping on decreasing slowly.

Hope.

Nayeon's head was just a bunch of what-ifs about the possibilities of what she was doing. All of it was no sign of positivity.

That makes her start to realize that maybe she was right. She was already out of time, and she was just making herself tired of waiting for nothing.

She is no longer able to be with you. You clearly don't need her any more and it's obvious to her. Nayeon won't be surprised if you and Lily announce your engagement soon because you two appear to be on the verge of doing so.

Nayeon keeps on scolding herself. Why is she making this hard for herself? Why can't she just accept the fact that it is already over and her chance is no more? It was karma for her and now she's feeling what you felt when you were chasing her before, even though she was with Jeongyeon already at that time.

A plan then appeared in her mind. If she wants this to finally stop, then she has to do it. She understands how difficult it is, but she is willing to exercise patience once more, just as she did for you.

She wants to try to make herself move on. If you are happy with someone else, then Nayeon must be content with it because at least you do it even if it's not because of her.