SET 5: Chaeyoung x M Reader - [Sacrifice]

TIME TO FINISH SET 5 ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

YN was busy on his duty at one of the jobs he applied for when he received bad news from the doctor who contacted him through a phone call

Here he goes, sprinting after he exits the elevator to arrive quickly in the medical room.

"Doc! Doc!" YN shouts as the nurses standing near the door immediately stop him after he tries to enter the room.

"Sir, please, we request that you stay outside."

"What are they doing to her? What's happening?" YN aid as he tried to sneak pass against these nurses blocking her path.

"Let him go, the doctor commanded the two nurses who were blocking the tensed and horrified guardian.

They listened, and YN stepped closer to the doctor, who was now out of the room, facing him.

"Doc, tell me, please. What happened to Chaeyoung?" YN pleaded with a shaky voice.

The doctor sighed, clasping his hands together to make his stance straight and proper. "Mr. Son, I called you here because, as you can see, your sister had an urgent emergency, and the nurse who's checking on her notified us after she noticed what happened to her."

"And that is?"

"Mr. YN, I'm sorry to say this, but this isn't a grateful or relieving update you're going to hear, the doctor apologetically said, increasing YN's anxiety.

"Her vital signs are back to stable now, thanks to the early action we took for them, but I'm not confident enough to say that this is going to be the last."

"W-why?"

"I found out through the check up I performed on her that your sister's condition has gotten worse, Mr. Son." The doctor cautiously said. "Her body's gone weaker and slightly more critical than the previous examinations we had, and the effects of that change were witnessed just a while ago by our nurse here."

YN and the doctor looked at the nurse beside them, who was listening sadly to their conversation.

"When I was about to leave after changing her clothes, she just suddenly started to slowly shake. Her temperature went up too when I touched her again to figure it out." The nurse recalled what she experienced a while ago.

"Oh god..." YN covered his head in stress and agony again after hearing another pityful incident about his poor sister.

"Her immunity system is now doing its best to fight the illness that's been damaging her body, Mr. Son, and we both know that proper medication is the best support system we've got here, the doctor continued. "I assume you haven't paid her medical bills so far."

"N-not yet, d-doc," YN said weakly. "The savings I'm getting from my jobs aren't enough."

"As much as I want to help you further, aside from my responsibility here as her doctor, I would be happy too, but I must remain professional and fair here, Mr. Son" the doctor empathically remarked, giving her a forced smile.