Chapter 9

Purpled woke up bright and early the next morning. Stupid habits, let me sleep for once. Even if he didn't want to admit it he felt safe in Scar's home and on this server. He walked around and went to see if Scar was up. He went to the kitchen and saw no one so he assumed that he was the only one up right now. He quickly checked the time and was shocked, it read at 5:30 A.M. It made sense if he was the only one up. He decided to look at stuff on his communicator while he waited for Scar to get up.

...

It was four hours later when Purpled spotted Scar walking into the kitchen. "Hey, Scar, How're you doing this morning?" Purpled had to hold in his laughter when he saw Scar jump.

"Agh! Purpled what, huh, you scared me." He held a hand to his chest like he was having a heart attack. "I'm gonna have a heart attack because of you someday. I'm doing fine, how about you?"

"Well, how about you don't die, but I'm doing fine, thank you for asking." It's better than what others did. Oh, right I need to ask him. "Hey Scar, is there any way I could go to X and ask something?"

Scar turned around, "Yea of course, but what do you need to ask him. I may be able to answer it for you."

Purpled was hesitant before saying, "I wanted to ask him if there was any way I could stay here for sometime." Purpled quickly added, "Well, that's if it's alright with you guys. I just thought that it would give him less stuff to do." That and I don't want to go back there.

Before Purpled got too much into his head Scar responded, "Of course you can. Also I'm pretty sure no one would have a problem with it as well. I think he would even let you stay with us permanently if you wanted to."

Purpled lit up just a bit and said, "That helps a lot actually. Thank you for that Scar, I needed it."

Scar just nodded and said, "Tell me when you want to go and I can bring you there."

"We could go in like three hours if that's okay with you."

"Yea that's fine with me"

Purpled started walking off, "Thanks Scar and sorry that I scared you."

"It's no problem. It certainly got me up this morning."

Purpled laughed and went to his room to get ready. He grabbed some of Scar's clothes that he gave him. It was a white hoodie with a cat in the middle of it, black sweatpants with Cat Mom on it, and a plain shirt underneath. Seriously, what is with this guy and cats? Dogs are so much better.

...

It was time to go and when Scar saw the outfit he had to hold in a chuckle. "You really like cats huh."

"Oh, shut up. You know I'm a dog person."

"Yea, yea whatever. Well c'mon then we should get heading out. Do you want to try flying today?"

Purpled, looked over to Scar and yelled. "You can fly! What, since when?"

Now it was Scar's turn to look over to Purpled with shock. "Hold up! You're saying that you've never flown before?"

"No! I've never had a chance. Well, I would love to fly. Let's get going."

Scar handed over an elytra and strapped it to Purpled back so that it wouldn't fall off. "Okay, you have to be very careful."

"Okay, Dad" Purpled whined, "Let's just go."

"Fine, but stay close to the ground so you don't hurt yourself more."

"Ok" Then they were off. They both stayed closer to the ground. Purpled because he has never done this before. Scar in case he had to try and catch Purpled. There were only a few mishaps before they made it to X's place. "See, I told you it wouldn't be that bad."

"Says the one that almost flew into a building."

"Hey! I wasn't paying attention for one minute and that's what I got." Purpled complained.

"Yes! Always pay attention while flying."

They continued bickering as they were entering X's base. They saw him by the counter making a cup of tea with his helmet off. "Hey, how're you doing X?"

They were talking, but when Purpled looked closer at X he noticed some things like he had bangs under his eyes, his eyes were squinted like it was too bright, and he was swaying on his feet. Purpled noticed the signs of passing out. He kept on high alert waiting for X to fall. "Hey X, do yo-"

Just as he was asking he saw X fall forwards into Scar. Scar buckled under the weight for a second before adjusting and standing up. He walked swiftly over to the couch and set him down. "I'm gonna call Stress over if you want to stay with him."

"Yea, I'll do that, but how are you so calm right now?"

"He does this a lot, especially when he overworks himself, but I like to call Stress over just in case."

"Kay, well you go do that and I'll stay with him." Scar nodded and walked out of the room. "Hey X, I know Scar said you would be fine, but please actually follow through with that. Thanks." He started raking his hand through X's hair. He didn't know if this did anything, but he's seen others do this and it usually seemed to calm the person down. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Scar walked in. When Purpled noticed Scar he quickly stopped, but Scar had already seen it.

"Aw, is there some love I see there?"

"No it's not. What are you talking about? Screw you."

Scar held his hands up in defense,"Fine you can have it this time, but I'm so telling everyone about this." Scar ducked as a shoe went flying towards him. "Whoa there buddy calm down."

"What did I just walk into?" They heard someone say behind them.

Scar turned around, "Oh, hey Stress, how's it going?"

"Just fine, now move I need to get to X." Scar moved out of her way. "Hey Purpled honey, I need you to move so that I can look at him." Purpled made no show that he was going to move so Stress tried again. "Please." Purpled looked like he was debating in his head before he moved away. Stress quickly checked on him and after a few minutes she deemed that it was just exhaustion. "He's fine, just needs to get some rest so someone should probably stay with him."

Purpled instantly stood up and said, "I can stay with him!" He realized what he just did and shrunk back a bit. "I mean, I can stay with him."

Scar and Stress looked at each other before chuckling and saying, "Of course you can stay with him. Also is this brotherly love I see happening."

Scar got another shoe thrown at him, "Screw you."

"Hey, I just saying what I see. Right Stress."

"I see what you mean Scar, but throw something at me and your head gets caved in."

Purpled looked at her with some fear before lowering his arm and setting it on his lap, "Yes, Ma'am"

Stress laughed and her and Scar left leaving only X, Purpled, and Dogchamp in the building. He noticed it was getting dark quickly so he set up a bed on the couch so he could stay close to X just in case. He washed up and layed down. Dogchamp quickly jumped up and sat on him. He soon fell asleep with the comforting weight on his chest.