Chapter 19

At some point in time Scar and X had joined him with looking at the sunset. They could tell something was up with Purpled, but they didn't want to push him into anything. The sun was long gone by now when Purpled finally spoke, "You know, my life seems pretty crazy to you."

Purpled saw them nod their heads, so he continued, "I actually had a 'brother'." Scar and X confused by the use of had. Luckily for them, Purpled continued, "He was amazing until he decided to join a cult." Scar's eyes bulged out of his head, "There's a what now!?!"

Purpled nodded his head, "Yea, it worships a murderous egg or something. I don't really know because I didn't get involved in that much." X nodded, but said, "What do you mean much? Did you participate in it at all?" Purpled waved him off, "I'm getting to that, shush."

X held his arms up in defense. Seeing that as a sign of surrender, Purpled continued, "I don't know eggsactly what happened, but I think he took jobs for it then he fell into the rabbit hole. He and my other friend broke freeof the eggs control, so I don't think they'll kill me anymore."

"Ignoring the last part, Purpled what did you get involved in." X said, turning on Purpled, who then shrugged. "They asked me to kill someone," Purpled said nonchalantly. Scar and X were shocked, "Why did they ask you to kill someone?"

Purpled shrugged, "Probably because I was working as a mercenary at that time." Scar and X eyes widened even more. "Why were you working as a mercenary!" Scar yelled. Purpled flinched, but tried to hide it, "I needed to make some money, so I took some jobs to make money." They nodded in understanding, "Gotta do what you gotta do," X said.

"Did you permanently kill anyone though," Scar asked. "No, the prices were never good enough." Purpled replied. "If you would get paid enough would you," X asked. "Depends on the situation I'm in. If I'm poor and need it then probably, but if I have enough I wouldn't kill them." X nodded, "How about we don't tell that to anyone else because they may freak out more."

"Yea, that makes sense. How about we all head to X's base for the night," Scar said, throwing X under the bus. X put on a fake offended look, but stood up anyways. He held his out for Purpled and Scar to take. They grabbed onto his hand and X pulled them up. They wiped off the dirt and started walking towards X's base. They were just making small talk the entire way.

By the time they made it to X's base everyone was tired. Scar and X walked to the beds and fell face first into them, falling asleep immediately. Purpled flopped onto the couch and fell asleep not thinking about the nightmares. Dogchamp sat onto his chest, which was the final straw, so Purpled fell asleep.

...

Purpled slept that night with no nightmares, so he actually felt refreshed. He woke up before anyone else, so he decided he would make breakfast without burning the house down. He decided upon making omelets, bacon, and fried sausages. He got out all the supplies and cut the sausage up. He decided to make the sausage first, so that there was some juice the eggs and bacon could cook in.

He was done with the sausages when X came walking in. "Good morning X, how are you doing?" Still half asleep, X said, "Huh, oh, hello Purpled. I'm doing fine, how about you? Is that sausage I smell?" "I'm doing fine X, and yes you do smell sausage. I'm making breakfast. Do you want some tea?" Purpled said.

X nodded, "That would be appreciated, but I can make it myself." Purpled waved him off, "I'm already in the kitchen doing stuff. I can put the water on to boil." "Ok, thank you Purpled," X said as he went towards the living room. Purpled, put the water on to boil and then started cooking the bacon.

The water was boiling, so Purpled called out to X, "Your water is ready!" "Coming!" X called back. Purpled heard footsteps coming from two directions. From the living room came X and from the hallway came Scar. "What smells so good, " Scar said, coming into the kitchen. "I'm making breakfast without burning the house down," Purpled retorted at Scar.

"That was one time!" Scar said, pointing his finger into the sky. X chuckled as he added the bag of tea to his cup of water, "What I'm hearing is that the kid is a better cook than you, Scar." Scar gasped, "He is not! I am the best cook ever." When Purpled turned around, Scar tried to take some bacon. "Don't even think of it, Scar," Purpled said.