Chapter 35

Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait between these chapters. I had family over all of last week and didn't have any free time.

Purpled was still shaking when everyone was led to the living room away from the scene in the basement. Purpled went back to where he was sitting before the incident. He sat down, pulled his legs to his chest and laid his head on them.

He heard someone sit down next to him and wrap an arm around his shoulder. Purpled lifted his head enough to see that it was Ponk. Instinctively he leaned into Ponk's chest. "Hey, he could still be okay," Ponk said.

"How," Purpled said in despair.

"He could've respawned on Hermitcraft," Ponk suggested.

Purpled felt a spark of hope in his chest. "Contact one of them please," Purpled asked.

"That's the issue. Dream must've improved his barrier because I can't get through to any of the hermits. I can't even reach Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, or Fundy," Ponk said.

Purple's hope died as quickly as it had started. "So we don't have any clue what happened to him."

"Unfortunately not," Pink said, running his fingers through Purpled's hair. They stayed like that for a while and after a few minutes, Purpled's shaking had died down. They paid no mind to the concerned looks from others in the room.

There was a sudden bang from the front door opening, and both Ponk and Purpled jumped from it. Purpled scrambled, so that he was standing and holding his sword in front of him ready to fight.

Ponk on the other hand ran forwards to see what the noise was without any protection. Purpled stayed still for a moment before running after him. When Purpled rounded the corner there was no one there.

Ponk had disappeared from sight. Purpled had instantly started panicking until he heard Ponk say "Over here Purpled," from outside. Purpled instantly ran out the open door.

He frantically looked around and spotted Ponk at the bottom of the stairs. He ran over to him and asked/yelled, "What was that for?!"

"Someone was here, but they ran into the woods," Ponk said.

"What? Which direction?" Purpled asked.

"That way," Ponk said and pointed straight ahead. Purpled instantly ran in that direction, ignoring Ponk's shouts of protest. He had to find out who this person was. Mostly everyone was bunked out at Phil's and Techno's place

The only ones who weren't were Bad, Dream, and Karl surprisingly. Purpled ran with ease through the forest and silently wished that he had Dogchamp here with him to help track the person.

Purpled had narrowed in down to being either Dream or Karl, seeing as Bad was most likely out of commission for a bit. Purple had been running for a while and was losing hope that he would be able to find the person.

Although, he saw a glint of something out of the corner of his eye. He turned in the direction and saw a figure moving in the shadows. Purpled carefully walked through the trees to get a closer look.

The person was facing away from him, so Purpled couldn't see his face. The person was muttering to themselves and pacing. Purpled tried to see the color of their hoodie or what could've caused the glint.

He saw that there was a lining of watched on their watch, which proved Purpeld's assumption that it was Karl. Purpled was wondering what Karl was doing out here. Purpled hadn't seen him at Phil's place.

Purpled tried moving closer in hopes of hearing what Karl was saying. Purpled had made it one step when Karl's head shot up as if he heard something. Purpled stayed still and held his breath, making no noise.