Chapter 36

Everyone on the Hermitcraft server was panicking. A few minutes after the meeting X had run out seeming panicked. A few of the hermits had already flown off by that point, but a few of them stayed, including Keralis.

It wasn't obvious that X was panicking, but it was to Keralis. He saw the way X's hands were shaking, even as he tried to hold them in place behind his back. He could see X's eye darting around through his visor.

Keralis walked over to X and quietly asked, "Are you okay Shashammy? What happened?"

X didn't answer for a bit, but when he did he said, "No, Purpled got through the portal, and I don't know what to do. I can't tell Scar, he'll be devastated."

"Oh, come here, sweetcheeks." Keralis sighed and pulled X into a hug, "It's okay. He'll be fine. He's with Ponk and Punz right." Seeing X nod, he continued, "They can take care of themselves and Purpled, even if he insists that he doesn't need it."

"I guess," X said, calming down slightly. "I still have to tell everyone though and it's probably not going to go well." Keralis sighed knowing exactly what X meant. He's seen the way the Hermit's parental instincts flared up, even Cleo's and Etho's.

Keralis released X from the hug to look him in his eyes behind the visor. "It's going to be alright. He's in safe hands over there, and the Hermits will understand."

"I know they will, they're amazing like that, but he was so close and I couldn't stop him," X said, obviously blaming himself. Keralis sighed and pulled him back into a hug, clearly not getting anywhere in this conversation.

They stayed like that for a bit. Keralis didn't miss the way they attracted the other Hermit's attention. "We need to tell them," Keralis whispered into X's ear.

"I know," X let out a defeated sigh, pulling away from Keralis's hold. X let his eyes wander and he saw Scar off to the side talking with Tubbo while the other minors watched them.

X walked over to Scar. "Sorry for interrupting, but can I talk to you in private?"

"Uh, yea sure. I'll be right back," Scar said, walking away with X. X led him into the building where they held the meeting. "Okay, what's up, X?"

"It's about Purpled," X hesitated before he continued, "hejumpedthroughtheportalandIcan'tgethimback," X rushed out not breathing or stopping between words.

Scar paused, trying to understand what X had just said. X was sitting there nervously. He was waiting for Scar to explode and yell at him, but that isn't what happened at all. Instead, Scar laid his hand on X's.

"I'm sure you did everything you could to stop him, but now we have to focus on getting him back," Scar said.

"I know, but right after he went through the portal I tried latching onto his code, but it was gone. It's like he just disappeared after going through the portal. Even during last time, I could find his code, but now I can't," X said.

"What are you trying to say, X?" Scar asked, getting very worried.

"I don't know. It's either they got lost in the void, or Dream upgraded the protections on his server. I hope it's the former one though," X said.

"Why? I heard that it's painful being stuck in the void," Sar asked, very confused on what X was talking about.

"It is, but I can navigate the void, better than breaking other admin's protections," X said.

"Why don't you ask Tubbo? Purpled had said that he was the one who hacked into here," Scar suggested.

"I don't want to get him any more involved than he already is," X said, but resigned. "I ask him if I have to, so it's a last resort."