Chapter 41

Author's Note: Sorry for being nonexistent the past month, but school started early August and has been kicking my butt. I hope to be able to update more now that I've gotten into the flow of things. There's a trigger warning for fights and injuries. There will be medical inaccuracies.

Purpled woke up early the next morning with a sense of dread. He was confused and looked over at his communicator and saw that it read 4:30 A.M. It had been awhile since he had been up that early. The hermits made him feel safe, and he didn't have any jobs to be taking or training to do

Purpled sat up and started thinking about the Hermits and how they were. He figured that since Punz was back on Hermitcraft, he had told some of the Hermits about what was happening here. He may have also complained to them about Purpled's stupidity.

He hoped that he hadn't worried them too much, especially Scar, X, and Iskall. Purpled longed to be able to go back home. He knew that he had done this to himself, but he didn't regret it. He made sure his brother and best friend were, but he still failed.

Purpled sighed and brought himself out of his self-deprecating thoughts before they could spiral any further. Purpled stood up and decided to go downstairs since he couldn't do anything about this situation right now.

Purpled decided that he would get himself a bowl of cereal for breakfast, even though he had one for dinner last night. Purpled still felt the sense of dread throughout the entire morning, even when others were getting up.

Phil was the first one to make his way downstairs at 6:30 AM. By then Purpled had moved to the living room to be more comfy. He had settled onto a corner part of the couch and continued watching more MCC, specifically Phil, Grian, and Scar's POVs.

He was more aware of his surroundings this time, not wanting to get caught by Phil again. That would be embarrassing. So, the moment Purpled heard footsteps, he set down his communicator and picked up a book he had nearby.

Phil popped his head around the corner. "Morning mate, what are you doing up so early?" Purpled shrugged, "I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. Now, what are you doing awake so early?"

"It's not that early. You know the saying, early bird gets the worm," Phil said. Purpled nodded his head and tried to stifle a yawn, but failed. Phil laughed, "You should head back to bed. You seem a little tired over there."

"I would if I could. Being asleep is so much better than being awake," Purpled said, stating the obvious. "True, do you want anything for breakfast?" Phil asked. "Nah, I had something when I got up."

Phil raised an eyebrow and said, "When did you get up?" Purpled shrugged, "A few hours ago maybe.' "What time did you go to bed last night?" Phil asked in concern. "It was around 9, so that's around 7 hours of sleep."

Phil sighed, "That's better than I thought. I'll be making breakfast, so if you need anything I'll be in the kitchen." Phil then walked out leaving Purpled alone. Purpled made sure that he was gone before going back to watching MCC.

Purpled started to smell the breakfast fifteen minutes later. Another fifteen minutes later and people were starting to wake up to the smell of food. Ponk was the last one downstairs.

He entered the living room and saw Purpled sitting there watching MCC while he was dead to the world. Ponk saw the opportunity to try and scare him, so he took the chance. Ponk made it to where he was right behind Purpled before he tripped.

Purpled heard the noise and quickly turned around. He saw Ponk on the floor and started laughing imagining what had happened. Ponk sat up and looked at Purpled before whacking him over the head.