Chapter 49

Author's Note: There is a trigger warning for a description of fighting. As always the start and end is marked. 

Purpled hated his life at the moment. He trusted Eret, only for them to stab him in the back. He had slowly come back to consciousness and Eret and Sam were there. "Good morning," Sam said. Purpled ignored him and turned to glare at Eret.

"I'm sorry, but everyone agreed with me," Eret said, putting their hands up. Purpled said nothing, but swung his legs over the side of the couch. "I'll go and get you some food," Eret said, hurring out of the room.

"It's not Eret's fault," Sam said when Eret left. Purpled snapped. He stood and paced around the room in anger. "Yea it is I could've found X and saved him, but now nobody knows where he is or if he's even alive!" Purple shouted. "You would've gotten yourself killed," Sam reasoned.

"You never know. Besides, I would gladly die for anyone Hermitcraft," Purpled said. "Maybe, but they wouldn't want you to die for them. From just the talks, I can tell how much they care for you. It would break their hearts if you died," Sam said.

"I would still do it. They gave me a home. They have provided for me, cared for me when no one else did. I felt safe there. I felt safe with people for the first time since I could remember. Everything that happened to them is my fault. If I never arrived there, then X wouldn't be in danger," Purpled ranted.

Sam stared at him in sympathy. Purpled never felt safe on this server, even with Ponk or Punz. "I still can't let you go though," Sam said, not giving in to the temptation. "Could you at least get me a book or something if you're going to hold me against my will," Purpled asked.

"I'll get you one once Eret gets back. I don't trust you to not do something stupid." Sam said. Purpled rolled his eyes, "I've never done anything stupid." Sam gave him a disbelieving look. "Don't give me that look. I haven't done anything stupid in a while. Give me a list if I did

"Let's see. There's you coming back to the server, you not running from danger after being told to, you pushing yourself past your limits, and more. Do you want me to continue?" Sam asked. Purpled rolled his eyes, "Alright, alright. You made your point."

The door opened and Eret walked in holding a plate of eggs and toast. "Here you go," Eret said, handing it to Purpled before walking away. Purpled gratefully accepted the food, but still glared at Eret. "Eret, do you know where the book Purpled was reading is?" Sam asked.

"Yea, it's just upstairs," Eret said, already leaving to get it without being asked. "Don't be so hard on them. They're under a lot of pressure right now," Sam said, giving Purpled a stern look. Purpled rolled his eyes and said nothing. He sat back down on the couch and ate his food.

It wasn't anything special, but it was still good. Eret walked back in with Purpled's book along with some papers. He had finished The Battle of the Labyrinth and was now on The Last Olympian. Eret handed Purpled the book, then went to the opposite of the room and set the papers on the ground.

Purpled was interested. Eret had started to lock themselves away lately. Sam had to drag them out, so that they would take care of themselves. Purpled wanted to ask the question, but his pride got in the way. Luckily, Sam was also curious, "What are you working on now?" he asked.

Eret didn't respond, already too engrossed in his work. Sam sighed and went over to Eret. He clapped in front of them, which got their attention. "Eret, do you want some help?" Sam asked.

Eret shook their head, "No, I'll be fine. I'll only get distracted if someone helps." Sam sighed in annoyance. "There are plenty of people that would gladly help you. You don't have to take this on yourself." Eret shook his head, "They're already looking at me to make decisions. I can't back out now."