Chapter 56

Author's Note: We are getting close to the end. Thank you everyone for sticking with me throughout this entire thing. There is suicide, death, and blood in this chapter. The starts and ends are marked. Enjoy

Eret was freaking out at the moment. They were just brainstorming ideas on how to help Purpled when he saw Purpled shift by Scar. A moment later a sword was through Scar' chest and Purpled was up.

Eret, along with all the others, sat in shock for a moment. He was only snapped out of it when Scar exploded into particles. He jumped up and saw Purpled getting ready to stab someone else.

Without thinning, Eret took out a shovel and hit Purpled over the head. A resounding clang rang through the room followed by a thud when Purpled hit the ground. The room was silent. You could hear a feather hit the ground.

Eret slowly bent down and felt Purpled's neck for a pulse. He sighed in relief that it was still there and he didn't accidentally kill him. He looked up and saw everyone just staring at him confused.

Nobody wanted to break it, but a moment later someone yelled, "What the hell just happened? Is Scar okay?" Nobody knew how to answer. Eret was about to reassure everyone when someone's communicator dinged.

Eret looked over and saw Ponk pulling his communicator out. "It's from Scar," he said. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. "He says that he's back on Hermitcraft. He's wondering if teleportation still works?"

Everyone now turned to X and Dream. X shook his head, "I can't even find anything that I can even try to fix it."

It was silent and everyone's gaze drifted over to Purpled. "What are we going to do with him?" Sapnap asked. Nobody knew what to say. They were all out of their element.

"We have to tie him up," Doc said, although he didn't look happy about it. "We have to prevent another incident. Maybe next time he wakes up we can try talking to him."

Punz sighed and moved forward with rope. Eret carefully sat Purpled up and let Punz tie Purpled's hands together behind his back. Eret saw the anguish in Punz's eyes even though it was hidden in his expression.

Eret leaned Purpled against a wall and sat a bit away from him to be safe. A few hermits joined him and they held a pleasant conversation. Dream and X were still trying to fix the code, but from what Eret could see it wasn't going well.

It was about an hour and a half before Purpled began to show signs of waking up. Eret was alert immediately. He saw others around him put their hands on their swords as well. Eret moved and sat in front of Purpled.

Eret saw Purpled slowly open his eyes and look around in confusion before his gaze settled on him. Instantly, Purpled tried fighting against his bonds. Eret held his hands out in front of him, hoping to calm Purpled down.

Purpled stopped thrashing and glared at Eret instead. "Do you recognize me?" He got nothing. "Okay, um do you recognize anyone else?" He saw Purpled scan the crowd and land on a single person. Eret followed the gaze and saw that it was X. Eret waved him over.

X walked over and took Eret's spot in front of Purpled. Eret saw Purpled's eyes shift between different emotions. He saw anger, sadness, guilt, and more. "Do you recognize me?" X asked.

Purpled didn't give a verbal response, but his glare softened. "Okay, that's good. Can you come back to us? Whatever the egg promised isn't real. It isn't going to hold up its end of the deal."

Purpled seemed skeptical, so X continued, "The egg is gone. It can't do anything anymore. Being completely honest I'm not sure how you're still under its control. Although it would be really appreciated if you came back to us," X rambled.