Chapter 29

Trigger Warning: There's mention of blades and potential death. As always I will mark where it starts and ends.

Tubbo walked out of the bushes, feeling ashamed. "What are you doing here?" Techno demanded. "I saw you sneak out, so I followed," Tubbo admitted. Techno rubbed his forehead and sighed.

"How much do you know?" he asked. "Just that you're meeting with Dream and the attack on the egg tomorrow night," Tubbo said, feeling scared. Techno sighed once again and said, "Okay, don't tell anyone anything."

Tubbo frantically nodded his head. "Hop on," Techno said as he got onto Carl. "Is it okay?" Tubbo said, feeling cautious. "Yea, now get on before I leave you behind," Techno said with annoyance.

Tubbo quickly hopped off and they set back into the direction of the cave. "What plans do you have tonight?" Tubbo suddenly asked. "I say to you what I said to Dream. None of your business," Techno said.

Tubbo pouted even though Techno couldn't see it. They arrive quickly back to the cave. "Now go in and don't draw attention to yourself," Techno said, tying up Carl. Tubbo went back into the cave, leaving Techno outside.

Techno waited for a few minutes before he went back inside. He tried to sneak in, but it didn't work when Phil spotted him immediately. Techno saw Phil wave him over, so he went feeling defeated.

"I'll give you a lecture later, but now we have to get going," Phil said as he led him over to the rest of the group. They had a cover story, that they had to go and get more supplies, so they would be back sometime the next day or later.

They quickly left and let Ant lead the way. Techno decided to actually walk and not ride Caarl this time. Techno stayed right by Phil's side for the majority of time. The walk to where the egg was was quiet, with only a few conversations here and there.

It was around ¾ of the way through the night when they made it to the main egg area. "It's right over this wa," Ant was saying before he cut himself off with a pained groan. Phil went over to him and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just a headache," Ant said, waving him off. Phil didn't look convinced, but let it slide. "We should rest for a bit before we go through with the plan," Puffy said. "Is there any back ways to get to the egg?" Sam asked.

"Not really, the best we can do is go from the top, but you would be fine even if you went from the side," Ant said. They rest for around an hour and the sun was just barely coming up.

"The best time to strike is now," Puffy said while everyone stood up. "You guys know your part of the plan?" she asked while looking at Sam, Ant, and Quackity respectively. They nodded their heads and everyone followed Ant.

He went down a tunnel and continued on. Everyone looked at each other apprehensively before they continued on. There would be times when Ant would suddenly stop, wince, and hold a paw to his head.

Each time someone softly called out if he was alright to which he would respond that he was. It happened like 20 times in the span of 5 minutes. The time between would decrease the closer they got to the egg.

There were a few times when Ant didn't respond at all, but continued going as if in a trance. They got further and further behind Ant the more that they progressed. After five more minutes of walking they reached an open area.

They saw a weird sort of terrain on the ground, but the main thing was the egg cracked in half in the middle of the room. If they didn't know any better, they would think that it was destroyed, but they knew it had hatched.

They saw Ant kneeling down to it as if worshing it, but he was also talking to it. Sam and Quackity drank some potions of invisibility and then went to set up the TNT. Everyone else stood in the tunnel still.