Chapter 54

Author's Note: Thank you to @Issues10000 for an upcoming idea in this chapter.

Trigger Warning: There is death, blood, blades, suicide, and people telling others to die. The beginnings and ends are marked. Enjoy at you own risk.

The rest of the morning went by in a blur for Purpled. He could only focus on the fact that he was now Scar's son. He remembers talking with Ponk and Punz at some point. At the moment he was sitting outside on a hill, playing with Dogchamp.

Someone cleared their throat behind him. Purpled turned around and saw that it was Phil, "What's up, Phil?"

"Nothing much mate. What am I hearing about you and Scar though," Phil said, with a knowing smirk on his face.

"What are you hearing?" Purled asked, playing clueless.

"It seems that Scar is your father."

Purled smiled, looking at the sky, "Yea, he's the best I could ever ask for."

Phil let out a faux offended gasp, "How could you? I thought I was the best father."

"To be fair, you never actually adopted me, so I was still an orphan," he said.

Phil smiled a sad smile at him, "Do you know where your actual parents are?"

Purpled looked down at his lap. "No, but I don't really want to know either. I don't remember them all that well, so why would I care about them?" That was a flat out lie. Purpled had many memories with his parents before his ship crashed and Punz found him.

"Just asking. Do you know what you're going to do now that it's all over?"

Purpled shrugged, "Honestly, I have no clue. I'm going to stay on Hermitcraft, but other than that I don't know. What's your plan after this?"

"That's fair. I know Eret is going to offer up a survival world for some people to chill on while everyone gets situated. Wilbur's also making a world where you can be of different species. I think a few of us are going there," Phil said.

Purpled nodded his head and they fell into a comfortable silence. Purled kept throwing a ball for Dogchamp to bring back to him. After a while, Purpled threw the ball, but Dogchamp didn't go to fetch it. Instead, he growled at something. Both Purpled and Phil were on alert.

"What is it Champ?" Purpled asked. Dogchamp backed up so that he was right in front of Purpled's feet. Purpled was at alert, but he didn't see nor hear anything. He looked at Phil and saw that he was in the same boat.

"Can you smell anything?" Phil asked Purpled as he backed up so that they were back to back. Purpled tried smelling, but he couldn't smell anything different.

"No, can you message X and ask him to check the code?" Purpled asked, starting to panic again.

"Yea," Phil said, and pulled out his communicator calling X. There was no answer. Phil tried again, but there still wasn't an answer.

"Shit," Purpled swore, remembering that X didn't have a communicator.

"What is it?"

"He doesn't have a communicator," Purpled said, then remembered that he still had Keralis's communicator. He quickly pulled it out and called the first person he saw. He was lucky that Keralis made it so that he didn't need to put the password in.