Chapter 16

Author's note: There are things like reference to abuse. I'm not too sure if what I write actually is that, but I will mark where it starts and ends just in case, so read on with caution.

Italics=Nightmares or Thoughts

Bold=Yelling

Purpled opened his eyes expecting to be in his room at Scar's place, except he wasn't. He opened them and was met with the sight of his destroyed UFO. He never actually fully paid attention to the remains of it, but he could only imagine the damage. Purpled looked around and saw that Dogchamp was nowhere near him. He looked around and called out, "Dogchamp! Where are you!?!" Purpled was frantically looking around and froze when he heard a whimper from somewhere. He ran towards where he heard the noise from. He could hear it getting louder as he got nearer. He was right on top of it so he started digging through the scraps of metal.

He kept digging and after five minutes he felt something warm and sticky. He lifted his hands up and noticed that it was blood. He went straight back to digging and uncovered some soft fur. It was Dogchamp! He took it out and saw that Dogchamp's eyes were slowly closing. Purpled tried to find a pulse, and he found it, except it was very weak and getting weaker.

Purpled checked his inventory and he didn't have any healing potions on him. He mentally cursed himself and took off his hoodie to wrap Dogchamp up. Dogchamp whined and closed his eyes for the final time. Purpled rose a shaky hand and felt for a pulse, but there was none. Purpled fell back and cried and cried and cried. He lost a part of his family. He looked around and realized that Quackity was watching him.

Purpled, stood up and ran over there. He tried punching him, but Quackity dodged. Purpled fueled by emotion kept trying, but he was also sloppy. Purpled gave up and sank to the ground. Quackity just stood there smirking at him. "This would never have happened if you just joined me."

Purpled wanted to stand up and fight, but his legs didn't work. He lowered his head to the ground and sat there wallowing in self-pity. He heard another set of footsteps approaching, but didn't lift his head. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Is it a sad lonely Purpled? Did your dog die?" said the voice of Dream. "Well, now you can join him," he said. Purpled heard Dream take out his sword and decided to look up at him. Dream was wearing a smirk that sent chills down your back. Purpled wasn't about to show any fear though, so he smirked back.

Dream smiled, "How funny, you want to look me in the eyes as you die." He shrugged, "Oh well, that's more fun for me anyway. It means I get to look as the light drains out of your eyes." Dream raised the sword and Purpled tried to brace himself. He saw Dream swing the sword down, and was expecting a searing pain, but instead everything went black

...

Purpled shot up in a panic. He was in a cold sweat. He looked around the room and recognized it as his room in Scar's house. Purpled sighed and fell back onto his pillows. He held his head in his arms. That's the second one this week, and it's only Tuesday. Purpled sat there thinking and shot back up looking for Dogchamp. He looked all around the room, and he wasn't there. He got out of bed and stumbled his way to the kitchen in the dark.

He turned on the flashlight on his phone and shone it around the kitchen. He looked everywhere, and then headed to the living room, hoping to find Dogchamp on the couch. Sure enough there Dogchamp was on the couch lying by Jellie. Purpled ran over to Dogchamp and hugged him muttering things like, "You're alive, you're safe, I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect you."

Dogchamp was alarmed at first, but quickly realized what it was about. He cuddled himself into Purpled letting him know that he was safe. Jellie sat up, meowed, and looked at Purpled with as much worry as a cat could. Jellie stood up and rubbed herself up against Purpled's arm, hoping to bring him some comfort. It took a while, but Purpled finally calmed down