Chapter 23

"What happened?" Puffy said as she rushed over to Sam. "We got ambushed on the way back," Foolish said, gently laying Sam down. Phil started getting to work. "Shesh, what did he do?" Phil asked.

"We were fighting, him being the idiot he is, jumped in front and took the hit for me," Sapnap said. "But he still got up and kept fighting, so we assumed it was fine. Until we had gotten away. We weren't very far from the cave when Sam slowed down and passed out."

"Of course," Puffy muttered under her breath. "Well, his injuries aren't as bad as they appear to be," Phil said looking up. "I guess he passed out from blood loss and exhaustion."

"Did you guys at least get the stuff?" Puffy asked, knowing that Sam would be fine. "Yea, I'll go give it to Fundy," Sapnap said as he left. Everyone in the room was silent. There was the occasional wince from Sam as Phil patched him up, but that was it.

Techno had gotten up and left some time ago. No one bothered stopping him or asking where he was going. They all figured he could take care of himself, so they didn't pay it any mind.

()_()

Techno decided he would patrol around them to make sure nothing followed them. It was a rather peaceful evening. The voices weren't screaming at him for blood for once. Techno enjoyed the cool wind against his skin.

He paused in his step when he heard a noise behind him. He turned around and saw Dream standing there. "How long have you been following me?" Techno asked. Dream shrugged and said, "Long enough."

"Long enough for what?" Techno inquired. "To know where you guys are staying," Dream simply said. "Don't think of doing anything," Techno warned, only caring for a few people there.

"I wasn't planning on it. Believe it or not, but I do want those demons off the server as well," Dream said as he stepped closer. "So, you want to make a deal." Dream said. "Careful," Techno warned him.

"Chill out. In exchange for me not attacking you guys. You have to help me fight them," Dream said. Techno raised an eyebrow, "Heh, are you stupid or something." Dream laughed, "No, I just know the source of their power.

Techno was shocked, but didn't let it show, "Well, what is it?" Dream shook his head and said, "Eh, eh, eh. Agree to the deal first" Techno weighed the options in his head, "Fine, but you have to promise not to harm them."

Dream nodded and held out his hand, but before Techno could shake it, Dream's face morphed into a different expression. "Don't...make....the...deal," the voice said before Dream's expression was replaced with his usual one.

Techno didn't have time to take his hand away before Dream took his hand and shook it. Dream then started walking away and said, "Meet here again tomorrow at sunset and tell no one."

Techno was wondering what the heck had just happened. That wasn't what normally happened. Techno decided to finish patrolling and research it. The rest of the time went by without a hitch.

Techno arrived back to a cheerful cave. Techno walked back over to Phil and asked, "What's going on?" Phil looked over and said, "Fundy said that he's almost done with the machine."

"That makes sense," Techno said and walked back over to a corner. Techno went onto his communicator to look for stuff about possession and stuff like that. He was searching for around an hour before he had gotten anything useful.

He had found an article on different demons and what the person would act like if they were possessed. Techno looked through the list of demons. It was thirty minutes before he had found Dreamons.

It says that the person won't act all that differently immediately rather that it would happen over time. The person would start to get mean and most likely distance themselves.

There wasn't a known way to get rid of them, but it was speculated that either really powerful admins could ban them, or the person being possessed could force them out. At that moment Techno knew that a Dreamon was possessing Dream.

Techno thought about telling everyone, but figured that it would cause more harm than good. They had more than enough on their plates to worry about. Techno decided upon taking another walk to figure his thoughts out.

This time he went in the other direction, away from the cave. Techno decided he would find out how Steve was doing. The walk was pretty peaceful. The voices were starting to act up again, but he ignored them.

He thought everything was happening and if the demons themselves had any weak points, beside the egg. They never actually got the answer from Purpled on whether or not water was their weakness.

Techno was so caught up in his head that he didn't even notice that he had made it to the outskirts of his and Phil's cabins. From what Techno could see there were no demons around.

He decided to patrol the perimeter first, so that nothing jumped out at him. He walked around the fences and checked the forest a few times before deciding that he was in the clear. He hopped the fence and went over to Steve.

Techno went and took the lead off of him, so that he could be free in the fences. Techno then went into his cabin to get some bowls and fish for Steve to have. He walked over to where Steve was and put the bowl of meat and water in front of him.

Steve immediately dug into it, so Techno then went off to check on Carl. He also gave him some food, but this time Techno was taking Carl with him. Techno then went inside his cabin to grab some supplies that he would need.

Techno never once put his guard down because something had felt wrong, and his intuition was well placed. Twenty minutes later, Techno heard the thundering footsteps of something.

He looked outside and saw a hoard of around fifty demons running towards him in the distance. Techno went outside and shut the door behind him before hopping on Carl and riding away.

Techno went in a different direction of the cave in case one of them was going to chase him. He went in that direction for an hour before he decided to let Carl rest, seeing as nothing was following him.

He gave Carl some food and looked at the stars in the sky. They were extra bright tonight and Techno could make out many constellations. He waited for twenty minutes before he hopped on Carl and rode back to the cave.

It was around 4:30 A.M when Techno got back to the cave. He made a makeshift base for Carl and entered the cave. He was hoping that everyone was asleep by now, but that obviously wasn't the case.

"Where have you been?" Phil asked from beside him. "Nothing," Techno said, keeping his voice even. "Yea sure," Phil said, his voice laced with sarcasm. "Now if you excuse me I'm off to bed. You should get some sleep, Phil," Techno said, going more into the cave.

Phil groaned, but followed Techno. "Good night," Techno said, and closed his eyes. "Night mate," Phil said, as Techno slipped into slumber.