Chapter 55

Scar woke up the next morning and remembered the events of the previous day. His son was under control of the egg. He also had a scar on his neck that looked like a fatal wound. His son was at risk of dying forever. He could lose his son.

He could feel himself start to panic, so he got up. He wormed out of the makeshift cuddle pile and saw that Punz was the one on watch duty right now. He liked Punz, so he walked over. "Good morning, Scar. How did you sleep?"

Scar sighed, releasing some anxious energy. "Not well. I kept thinking of all the possible things that happened to Purped to make him join the egg."

Punz sighed, "I understand what you're trying to say, but you don't join the egg. It forces you to. It finds your weakness and uses that to get you to join. Like for me I wanted chaos and it promised me that I would have that."

Scar nodded, understanding that. "What would Purpled want though?"

Punz sighed, fiddling with his fingers. "His situation is entirely different. He was kidnapped by XD before he was corrupted. Who knows what happened to him."

Scar looked down at his hands. He didn't want to think about what could've happened. He didn't want to know what XD or the egg did to Purpled to have his corrupted so quickly. "Did you see the scar on his neck?"

Punz froze, "What are you walking about? I didn't see anything."

Scar paused, wondering if he should explain. Before he could he heard someone walking towards them. Sam was walking towards them and noticed the atmosphere. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Did you notice any scars on Purpled yesterday?" Punz asked, worry in his voice.

Sam thought about it for a moment. "Yea, he had one on his neck." Sam seemed to realize something, "That looked like it could kill someone as well. He's also said something about him being a burden for you guys."

Scar froze, unpleasant ideas forming in his head. "You don't think..." Scar trailed off, looking at Sam who had a grim expression on his face.

Mention of Suicide

"I think so. I think Xd and the egg became too much for him and he tried to kill himself." Sam said. Silence settled over Scar and Punz. Scar never thought that Purpled would try to kill himself. He knew he wasn't mentally okay, but he was getting better.

"He wouldn't, right" Punz said, although it was clear he didn't believe himself. Scar didn't know how to respond. He was still trying to think that his son tried to kill himself. He had a very high chance of losing his son and he didn't know.

End

They sat in silence as other people started waking up. They noticed the tense and sad atmosphere, but didn't comment on it. Everyone sat around, waiting for someone to take charge. There weren't many supplies in the building, so they had to rely on what they brought with them.

Scar still couldn't wrap his head around the possible theory about Purpled. He only snapped out of it when someone clapped their hands. He saw both Dream and X standing in front of everyone.

"We need to find a better place to go. Anyone have any ideas?" Dream asked.

"We could go to my place. It's in the desert, but I have lots of supplies there and plenty of room," Foolish said.

"That's a great idea. Anyone else?" Dream asked, but nobody else gave any answers. "Okay, we also need to decide what to do about the demon king, Purpled, and XD. Do you have any ideas?"

"We could try the same thing we did with the mini demons to the giant one," Bdubs said.

"Are you sure they were mini? They looked to be your height," Etho said, poking fun at Bdubs.