Chapter Two

Thank you for commenting vanillasita !!
—First Person POV.—

The next day comes by in a blur— Footsteps move throughout the halls outside my bedroom, blurred by the walls and closed doors a few feet behind me.

I walk away from my wardrobe, carrying some light attire for later. The sun pokes past my opened curtains, gleaming into the floor and casting my room in light.

The open suitcase lays idly on my bed, many other outfits at the ready and waiting inside as I approach— Half folding the dress and shoving it in with the others.

The maids had practically raided my room earlier today— Pampering and dressing me in this dress that's far too thick for the beautiful weather. Plus I would just be sitting in a carriage half the time.

—But I kept the dress and everything else on, now packing my suitcase with easier to wear outfits. With a short glance at the window, I toss the clothing in.

And a knock at my door causes my head to tilt up from my suit case "Come in." I call out, being sure to pat down my attire before the door is quietly pushed open.

A girl stands there, eyes casting over me as she bows "My Lady, the carriage is ready." The servant states, her head nodding respectfully to me and earning a dismissive nod in return.

"Alright, I'll be right out." I reply, soon turning away and hearing the door click shut— She probably went off confirm with the head maid she had passed on the information needed.

I cast a quick glance around my room— Being sure to take into account any thing else I could need on this trip before pulling the top of the case shut.

After clicking the locks together to keep it closed, I grab the handle— Pulling the suitcase to my side as I walk over to the door.

My free hand pulls it open, and I'm not paying attention as I reach to close the door behind me— And when I back turn around to walk down the hallway, I am met with a multitude of maids.

'Dangit.' I internally sigh, stepping past them and making my way down the hall with the female servants in tow— Following my footsteps with a sort of delay to stay behind me.

We venture through a few other halls— My eyes glancing over the familiar engravings and flowers on display one last time.

And as I grow closer to the entrance of the castle, I catch sight of the split staircases up ahead— Tilting my head to look over my shoulder at the multitude of maids tailing me.

I sigh, knowing I wouldn't be able to slide down the railing with their lingering eyes on me.

So instead I continue to trot forward, listening to the bustle from all around as I reach and run my hand along the polished wood as I step down the steps.

The sun peaks through the windows as I pass, leaving trickles of warmth in its trail while my eyes fixate on the level below— Soon lifting to the large dark oak doors as well.

Once the bottom of my shoe taps against the cool floor at the bottom, my hand returns to my side— Fingers subtly pinching at the top part of the skirt on my dress as I make my way to the agape doors up ahead.

Looking back, I turn to look over the many servants going about with the preparations— Soon looking up to the stairs opposite from the ones I had just descended from.

The Duke— My father stands atop it all, over looking everything before finally fixating on me.

And with a small nod and a wave, I send one back— Before biding farewell to my maids and exiting the castle where they do not follow.