Chapter Thirty-Five

—First Person POV.—

Once the door closed behind Uraraka and I, I can't help but worriedly glance over my shoulder every few seconds—the brunette catching on to this and gently taking my hand into hers.

"It's going to be okay," She reassures, a kind glint in her soft brown eyes as I turn to her.

With a light nod, I let out a short sigh "Sorry, sorry, I've just been on edge a little more recently, you know?" I smile in hopes to ease my own worries.

She easily nods in understanding "I get it, we're all kind of dancing on the wanted list too." Uraraka chuckles lightly as we trot down the hallway leading to the staircase.

"You're a felon?" I wonder out loud, surprise overtaking my features.

She shrugs slightly before reaching a hand out to set on the railing—lightly dragging along the wood as we descend the stairs and the brunette turns her attention away from me.

"Only a little bit?" Her voice answers and I pause, watching as she moved around the wreckage below—setting knocked over chairs upright and out of the way.

"What?" I snicker, now mimicking her actions and fixing the chairs to sit up as well—her attention briefly flickers to me and she lightly grabs my elbow to get my attention.

"Oh no, you don't need to help, really." Uraraka quickly assures and I shake my head "I want to help, it'd be impolite of me if I didn't." I reply, tone steadfast and respectful towards the brunette.

After a little back and forth of her trying to let me know that she could take care of the mess—plus me letting her know that she doesn't need to do it alone and I would love to help clean up either way.

Her soft gaze stares at me for a moment and then she sighs, a smile brightening her face as she finally nods "I'll take care of the tables and you just work with the chairs, okay?"

I smile in return, knowing I had won our polite back and forth match as my head tilts with a nod of understanding "Of course."

And so I got to work on turning the nearest fallen chairs into their correct positions.

As I'm doing so, my eyes glance up as Uraraka walks over to a nearby table that had been flipped, internally wondering how she'd manage to 'take care of it' like she mentioned earlier.

My questions are swiftly answered as she places a hand on the wood—a briefly glow glazing over the oak before it started to float up.

My eyes blink in both shock and awe as she pushed the object, causing the table to spin before placing her hands together and saying a quiet "Release."

This caused the oak to stop floating and land on the floor with a small 'clack!' her head tilting my way for a moment as she sweat drops.

"So that's what you meant by 'only a little bit," I lightly commented, smiling in her direction while she nods and I turn away to continue my task of fixing overturned chairs.

Witches are known to be dangerous, that's why most of them hide away—what makes them so 'threatening' is that whether they are born with or without a quirk, they have the skills to make potions that are rumored to be extremely harmful.

So naturally, being known as one can lead to a misunderstanding and that can bring you to a fire enveloped stake. From what she said, I'm assuming she's only at the risk of being on the wanted listings due this.

I haven't met any witches before—Uraraka would be the first and despite the bad rep most apparently have, I've never been inclined to believe that hearsay.