Chapter Thirty

—First Person POV.—

I press and squeeze the water from my hair with a huff—wincing when I tilt my head to the side and one of the bites the soldier left on my neck aches from the movement.

I internally curse at the slight pain, deadpanning as I make my way over to the drying rack "Eij, are you done yet?" I call, briefly glancing towards the bathroom as I set my towel up to dry.

"Yeah.." He answers but doesn't come out from the bathroom.

"Well come on out and give me your towel so I can hang it up to dry." I command lightly, crossing my arms and watching for the redhead to emerge from around the bathrooms corner.

It takes a few seconds, but he finally steps out with a towel around his waist—his hair still dripping dripping with water as he timidly walked over to me.

"Finally," I smile up at the soldier as he nears, holding my hand out for him.

As he steps into the lanterns light, he pulls the towel from his waist and hands it over to me—the new lighting showcases the black roots of his hair, the tips red and almost leaking away with the water that dripped from his locks.

As a couple of droplets fall and drizzle down his shoulder, I wave my free hand downwards "Come here, your hairs still wet." I comment and he obliges, leaning down slightly for me.

Reaching my hands up, his eyes watch me for a moment before I plop the towel on his head—fluffing and drying his hair with the cloth.

It takes a few moments but after I'm done removing the water from his hair, I hook a finger under his chin and lift his face up a bit so I can wipe off the extra drizzle that had dropped down his collarbone and shoulder.

"When did you notice..?" His voice trails off, pulling my attention to see him avoiding eye contact—his gaze casted downwards with an embarrassed expression on his face.

The red hue dancing across his features twitches beneath the lanterns flickering flame, my brows furrowing in confusion for a second before I brushed the towel through his hair once more.

Only to see most of the color had nearly disappeared, almost as if my drying method had wiped away the few red coloring that had been left in his locks.

"It started fading the moment you dipped your head under the water earlier." I finally answered, letting the damp towel hang on my forearm while I ran a hand through his hair.

He leans his head into my touch, his furrowed brows slightly relaxing as he closed his eyes for a moment and just basked in my contact.

"Eijiro..?" I wonder gently, tilting his head slightly to look at me "What's wrong?"

He lets out a breath, bringing his hand up to cup the back of mine before lightly wrapping his free arm around my waist and tugging me into him.

His hand slips from mine to fully hug me—and I waste no time as I hug back, his face nuzzling into the crook of my neck while I rested my head against his chest.

The next few minutes are silent, almost as if he was working himself up to speaking—but when he finally does, his voice is quiet.

"I.. Need help making a decision, (Y/n)." He admits, causing me to tilt my head up slightly, my breath brushing along his skin as I repeated "Decision?"

I can briefly feel him nod into my neck "To turn my hair red again— I need to meet up with one of my friends but if I do that.." He trails off.

"Oh! The witch you mentioned?" I ask—earning another nod from him. The air falls silent once more and I take this moment to tug away from the now dark haired soldier.