Chapter Twenty-Six

—First Person POV.—

Some noise to the right of me causes my eyes to flicker open— A grumble escaping my lips as I tilted my head up slightly, using the tree to prop myself up further and look around.

With a short glance I'm swiftly able to figure out I wasn't alone— A familiar crimson eyed soldier emerging from some nearby bushes and causing the noise that had woken me up.

He quickly meets my eye, a sheepish grin falling across his features in the dimness of night.

"Eij? What are you doing up?" I yawn, noting how dark it still was and letting my eyes blink sleepily.

"Sorry," He replies gently, approaching and crouching at my side "Did I wake you?" He wonders and I nod— Thankfully I'm still not fully awake yet so I pull his scarf further over my shoulder and turn to snuggle into him.

—As I try to get back to sleep he shifts beside me, moving and cupping the back of my head while his other hand scoops beneath my legs, hoisting me up and into his arms with ease.

I grumble at the action "What are you doing?" I mutter out and can hear the smile in his voice "I want to show you something." He whispers, peaking my curiosity slightly as I open my eyes again.

With a short glance around, I notice he's walking somewhere— Small leaves brushing past our forms as he moves through the forest and in a specific direction.

It was still dark out but I was slowly waking up the further he walked, replying to my questions with vague answers but keeping the same excited sharp toothed smile I've grown to love on his features.

We have been traveling for a few days now, stopping in sheltered areas to rest and continuing on in the daylight to a destination Kirishima says would be safe.

I will say, ever since that night in the lake— Our relationship took a turn, his small action's of affection easily slipping into our dynamic and making all of this change enjoyable.

The past few days he's been waking me with small peppered kisses across my temples and letting me fall asleep with his warmth to keep me comfortable.

I'm.. At ease, to say the least. But something about his excited grin causes my brows to furrow in questioning, my head wondering why he'd wake me up this early and where he was taking me right now.

Seeing my playfully suspicious gaze, he raises a brow down at me "What?" He wonders and I smile "Why aren't you telling me where we're going?" I question.

And his sharp toothed grin seems to widen slightly towards my constant questioning— His words showcasing a teasing tone "It's a surprise, (Y/n)."

I rolls my eyes at that, fixating my gaze ahead in the direction he had been trotting in.

—And oddly enough, we break through the tree line, his legs carrying us up a hill and with a short glance downwards, I notice we're now in a flower field.

At the top of the hill, he slows to a stop— Crimson eyes flickering out along the area before finally setting me down into a sitting position among the flowers.

With a questioning look up at the red head, he simply plops down beside me— Letting me shift into a comfortable position.

"You wanted to show me the flowers?" I wonder, reaching down and picking one of the pretty plants from its stem before lifting it up to inspect.

He nods, a hint in his excited expression showing he had something else up his sleeve. But what?

With a slight tilt of my head, my free hand fiddles with the small flower— Soon reaching down and picking another with my other hand.