Chapter Twenty-Five

Thank you for voting and commenting Imma_simping_bitch  !! (Also love your username,)

—Third Person POV.—

And without a second thought, I leap from the edge— Both hands clasped around the hilt of the soldiers weapon with the blade aimed straight down for the Nomu's exposed brain.

The fall is short and the tip of the blade meets it target quickly, stabbing into the brain with ease and cutting through the flesh.

A shrieks leaves the agape mouth of the Nomu, it's jaws and jagged teeth opening to let out the sound as I land— Planting my feet on its shoulders before yanking the sword out and stabbing it again.

It's head jerks back, my body nearly going flying off the creature if it weren't for the grip I held the hilt with— And the Nomu stumbles back, it's hand reaching up in an attempt to grab at me.

I dodge, taking the moment to yank out the sword and force it back in when Kirishima rushes forward— Slamming his hardened hands into the Nomu.

Another bellow escapes the creature before it's stumbling back more— My hands quickly letting go of the sword before I jumped off.

Trees crumble as the creature tumbles through them, my body being easily caught by the redhead when I fell.

—Time Skip.—

Glancing at my side, I watch as Kirishima lifts a branch— Letting me duck under without the thought of leaves brushing against my head as I pass through.

The action was kind, but I couldn't help but notice the small wince that flickered across his face when he lifted his arm.

"Thank you, Red." I comment once he follows after, dropping the branch back into its original spot while we continued on our way— In response, a small sharp toothed smile had found its way to his lips.

The air falls silent once more. We had been traveling all day, not wanting to stay still for long in case another Nomu decided to pop up.

But the sky had progressively grown dark, a mix of red and purple slowly dimming the horizon and alerting us of just how long we had been traversing through the forest.

And though I didn't bring it up, it was getting more and more obvious how tired Kirishima was, his shoulders slumping slightly from the mixed labor the past two days have been.

I felt bad, and that Nomu attack definitely took its toll on his body— The constant use of his quirk tiring him while he didn't make any comment to the cuts and scrapes littering his body.

"..Maybe, we should stop and rest for the night— It's getting late." I finally speak up, looking up at the crimson soldier worriedly.

He glances towards me before looking up to the sky and nodding— Agreeing with my words.

"We need to find a safe place to rest though," He comments, glancing around the area for any place we could possibly take shelter in for the night.

I nod in understanding— Tilting my head to look around before Kirishima's eyes land on me "Wait, can't you use your quirk to find us a place to stay?" He wonders.