Chapter Fourteen

—First Person POV.—

The next day, I wake with a jolt— Leaning too far forward in my chair and making me catch myself before I could fall forward.

A few footsteps alert me outside but it seems a little far off to be an actual issue, so I don't pay much kind to that— Instead, tilting my head to the side to crack my neck.

The slight ache left over after the motion causes me to grunt, glancing up to the bed a little in front of my sitting figure.

And as if on cue, Kirishima lets out a loud snore from his opened mouth— Air flushing past his sharp teeth and letting me know, audibly, that he was still out like a light.

—And as much as I would originally not mind it, the noise makes me stand with a slight-drowsy yawn before moving from the chair to his side.

My hand reaches out to land on the crimsons soldiers shoulder— Gently grasping and shaking it to wake him, yeah, I should've known it wouldn't do anything to wake the practically knocked out man.

"Kirishima," I call in a soft tone, trying not to wake him up too roughly but when he doesn't even stir a little bit— I sigh and start shaking his shoulder harder.

"Come on, you need to wake up." I continue, pushing him and causing him to roll onto his side— And surprisingly, his eyes blink open.

Lazily, his eyes flicker to land on me before he closes them to go back to sleep again "Oh, hey My Lady." He drawls, words slurring tiredly.

And then his eyes snap open, a new type of alert in them with a large tinge of disbelief woven in before he suddenly sits up "My Lady!"

His upper body shoots forwards, bringing him up and into a sitting position— Also causing me to jump back slightly so he wouldn't head butt me on accident.

He throws a hurried apology my way "What are you doing here??" He questions, looking me over and after seeing the deadpanned expression that falls onto my face "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I ask jokingly.

And after hearing my words— He seems to finally take in his surroundings and realize that he wasn't in his tent and apparently more importantly: That he was sitting on my bed.

And after it all seems to click in his head, his face flushes— Bright and nearly as red as his hair "How are you feeling?" I question, hoping to ease his flustered state a bit.

"Actually, I feel great." He admits, voice sheepish as his hand lifts to rub the back of his neck and smile honestly at me.

"That's good, you don't feel sore or anything, right?" I wonder and he shakes his head, pointedly drawing his arm back from his neck and flexing his bicep a bit— Testing the waters on whether the muscles ache or not.

I can't help my eyes when they wander to his arm, and it soon dawns on me that there is a shirtless soldier sitting in my tent and on my bed, directly in front of me.

"Nope!" He beams, the red hue slowly dying down from his previous flush as he turns back to me with an all too familiar, sharp toothed smile.

And I clear my throat, trying to look anywhere but his bare chest as I nod along with his words "That's good.. That's good.." I reply slowly.

A short silence overtaking our conversation and just when he open's his mouth to say something else— "Lady (Y/n)?" A voice calls from the front of my tent— Causing us to both go rigid.

Our attention snaps to each other before turning towards the direction of the voice, my own voice seemingly finding its way as I quickly walk over.

"Yes?" I finally answer, glancing behind me when I hear the slight rustle of sheets when Kirishima steps off from his seated position on the bed— Moving to following after me.