Chapter Nineteen

—First Person POV.—

"What were you thinking??"

My shoes tap lightly against the polished floor as I walk back and forth across the room.

Not too far away and sitting on the edge of my bed is Kirishima— His crimson eyes trained on the floor while he listened to my words.

—I've been scolding him ever since we stepped into my room.

The soldiers head stayed tilted downwards, silent when I turned to glance his way again, crossing my arms and staring down at his figure now.

He had tried to talk to me as soon as we stepped foot out of the dining room and started our depart back to my room—

But I shushed him and he obliged, following behind me silently until we got to my room and skip back to now.

It takes a few seconds for him to catch that I had fallen quiet— His red eyes flickering upwards to meet mine.

"I'm sorry it's just— I saw how uncomfortable he made you feel, and I couldn't just stand by and watch, you know?" He trails off, crimsons eyes falling back to the floor again.

His shoulders are slouched now and after a few seconds of just rethinking over his words— I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose and closing my eyes momentarily.

"I forgive you," I start off, causing him to look up while I'm shaking my head down at him "But you need to remember that even though you are my guard, you are also a low ranked human." I explain.

"Just.. Promise me you won't say or do anything out of line like that again— Even if I am uncomfortable." I add, my stare sharpening sternly with my words but he doesn't move his head to agree or not.

He stays silent, my hand falling from my face to rest on my hip while my brows furrowed "Kirishima." I call warningly, causing him to tilt his head up to meet my gaze.

"Promise me you will never do anything dangerous like that, ever again." I say and after staring up at me for a few more moments— He bows his head and nods "Okay, I promise.."

The air seems to dim after that, his sad tone peeking the sympathy in me and causing me to turn away as I cross my arms over my chest again.

I can't let him off the hook for this, he put himself in danger so I would still very much like to be mad right now.

But after glancing at his still slouched figure sitting on the side of my bed— I couldn't help but sigh "Fine, how about this," I pause, capturing his attention and causing those red eyes to flick up at me.

"We make a 'safe gesture'." I state "And only when I use this gesture, are you aloud to do something dangerous to get me out of a situation." I explain and he seems to light up at the idea, nodding swiftly.

"Even if it means talking against the King?" He wonders and I laugh "No," My voice falls straight into a serious tone "Never do that again." I continue with a glare and he shrinks back in his seat a bit.

"Anyways, it should be something simple and easy to notice," I say as I lift my hand to tap my chin lightly "I'm only going to use this gesture as a hidden way to let you know I'm in danger so.." My voice trails off in thought.

"Any ideas?" I wonder towards the redhead and he just shrugs "Why don't you just tap me twice or something?" He suggests and I shake my head.

"It needs to be more subtle and what if I'm across the room from you or not near enough to touch you?" I put down and he nods, head leaning back as we continued to brainstorm.