Chapter Fourty

—First Person POV.—

In the corner of my eye, I catch the Barbarians hand lock onto Eijiro's wrist and prevent him from doing so.

"We need to help him!" The redhead exclaims—his head snapping back to look at his friend while I'm watching everything go down, shock paralyzing me to the forest floor I stood on.

"That thing just came from my realm," Bakugo grunts and realization flashes over Kirishima's features, forcing him to pause his movement.

"The tribes.." I watch my lover reply with wide eyes—a new fear in his gaze when the Barbarian nods and takes a step towards where Midoriya had run off in pursuit of the Nomu.

"We need someone to go find Deku— He can secure the outskirts of the land but I need to get back to evacuate the villages." Bakugo speaks with a harsh sense of authority in his words.

And with a reassuring squeeze of our joined hands, I step forward "I can find him." I claim—immediately earning a disapproving look of surprise from the redhead beside me.

"No, we're not splitting up." He states and my brows furrow in determination "Eij, I'm probably the only one who can find him." I reason and from the corner of my eye—I catch a blood-colored gaze turning to me.

"My foresight can lead me right to him, much faster than anyone else here." I explain and before the two of us can argue over the situation, Bakugo intervenes with a huff.

"She's right, Shitty-hair. By the looks of it, nobody knows where the fuck Deku ran off to— We need someone to find him without wasting any time looking for him." The Barbarian states.

I can feel Eijiro's worried gaze flicker between us as he takes in the glaring ash-blondes words.

With another reassuring squeeze between our locked hands, I run my thumb over his knuckles as I turn to meet his eye.

"Go with Bakugo and help the people get out safely, okay? I'll meet back up with you soon." I promise—and I can see his heart break within his crimson gaze.

I know the decision was hard but it was the only one we had right now.

So when I plant a kiss on his cheek and let go of his hand—I whisper a promise to find him as soon as possible before rushing off in the direction I had last seen the dark haired leader run.

"Four-eyes! Go with her to find Deku and secure the outskirts of the realm!" I can hear the Barbarian shout out his command—earning an offended huff before a pair of footsteps follow after me.

"Frog and Round Face, come with us to evacuate the inner villages!" He demands once more before I come up to the tree the bird-like quirk user had been dragged off by.

Hurriedly planting my fingertips along the grass below—I could see little speckles of blood painting the green but I tried my best to ignore it as I closed my eyes and inhaled.

It took a moment but I saw Midoriya running not too far away, some lightning-like bolts flickering over his skin as he kicked off trees to catapult himself around.

"That way!" I holler, pointing a hand in the direction the leader was in before two arms lift me from the ground in a bridle-style carry.

"Hold on—" Was the only warning I gained before the Iida bolted off at a terrifyingly fast pace.

Weaving through the trees, it didn't take long for us to find Midoriya—my eyes watching and pointing the knight in the right direction every few seconds to lead him.

"Here, he's here!" I alert when the man turns again, his sprinting legs quickly skidding to a stop once we found the leader.

—And with him, we found the Nomu too. It's large jaws are holding the net up and showcasing the struggling man within the ropes.