Chapter Thirty-Three

—First Person POV.—

"(Y/n)? (Y/n), come on wake up it's pretty late already.." Eijiro's voice cooed into my ear, stirring me from my slumber and causing me to grumble lightly in disdain.

His bare body pressed against my back—arms hugging me close to his chest as he peppered light kisses along the back of my neck.

"We need to get up.." He mutters gently before placing a kiss on the back of my ear—my closed eyes squinting shut with the ticklish sensation.

"Eij, no.." My tired voice trails off, the feeling of his lips pressing against my skin slowly starting to lull me back to sleep.

He pampers the marks lining my shoulders and neck with gentle kisses—soothing the little aches left from the night before and causing a sigh to escape my lips as I grew close to dozing off again.

Then the feelings of his lips on my skin stops "Come on," He softly states, removing his warmth from my back as he hoisted himself up.

My eyes blink open, brows furrowed offendedly as I glance up to see Eijiro leaning over me—his hands planted on either side of my torso, holding him up and causing the mattress to sink beneath his weight.

"Go away, Red." I grumble, turning into my pillow so I could hopefully get a couple more hours of sleep.

"(Y/nnnn).." His voice drawls on.

And then he flops onto my back—his weight plopping onto me and causing my eyes to squint open as the air slowly escapes from my lungs.

"Eijiroooo..." My voice whines lowly, one of my arms that was originally beneath the pillow—dragging out and repeatedly smacking the redhead shoulder.

His chest shakes against my bare back as he chuckles "Yes?" The soldier asks innocently and I suck in as much air as my lungs could.

"Off, get off." I demand with a huff.

"Does that mean you'll get up too?" He wonders, still leaning on me but starting to run his fingers through my hair "You're heavy, so unless you want me to never get up again, I think you should get off Red."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks and I can practically feel his brow raise in questioning.

"I'm going to die." I proclaim, much louder than before "I'm going towards the light!" I call, using the rest of my preserved air before flopping my face back into the pillow.

He goes silent for a moment and I can feel his eyes burning into the back of my head before he sucks in a breath, pushing himself up—after finally ridding his weight from my back, my head raises as I inhale.

My lungs finally fill with much needed air again and a sigh of relief escapes my lips.

My attention turns to the side when Eijiro's shadow cascades over my figure—his hands on his hips as he stared down at me from the side of the bed.

He had stood up after getting off of me and my eyes immediately trailed downwards..

"Huh." Was the only thing I was able to comment before casting my gaze upwards and seeing his deadpanned expression.

"I swear it looked at me first." I claim in defense, the two of us pausing "That makes two of us." He retorts, crimson eyes half-lidded as he took in my own appearance as well.