Chapter Twenty-Two

—First Person POV.—

"Why—" He starts, quickly jumping to his feet and pulling me away from the door— The banging making it seem like it would cave in at any moment.

"Why did you—" "They were going to kill you!" I defend my actions, hands shaking from both the adrenaline and the shock of what I just did.

"Who cares??" He throws back before something thick slams against the door— Shaking it and causing us both to jump.

Moving me back and behind him a bit more, I stared in disbelief at it all— My eyes now trained on the back of the soldier I had just saved.

I knew my quirk wouldn't fail, I knew my life would end today— Yet, I'm here, thanks to Eijiro's impulsive action and my rash gesture of sudden affection in front of the entire court room.

I froze, I didn't know what to do and after hearing what they were going to do to him everything seemed to become jumbled in my mind.

All I know now is that we need to get out of here because when those doors come crashing inwards— We're both screwed. And when my eyes catch sight of doors across the room, I grabbed his hand to get his attention this time.

"The balcony!" I call, pulling him back slightly before letting go of his hand to unlock and throw open the glass doors.

"What?!" He shouts over the banging and I run to one of my many suitcases— Throwing the lid open and yanking my satchel from inside.

"I should have enough gold in here to last a while," I say to myself, jumping as another slam racks through the door and the woods crackles further.

"What are you doing now??" The crimson eyed soldier questions, sending panicked glances between me and the door as I rush past him again.

I can hear him following close behind me, our shoes now stomping loudly across the balcony.

"At the bottom of the walls surrounding this castle, there is a water drainage door big enough for people to fit through." I repeat the words Asui had told me earlier.

"If we hurry, we should be able to get there." I state and turn to see Kirishima staring in disbelief "Wait no— We can't just—" Another slam, this time sending the door off of its hinges.

"Eijiro!" I shout "Do not argue with me on this!" I demand and he gulps, glancing over his shoulder before rushing forward and wrapping an arm around my lower back.

And without another word, he hooks his other arm beneath my legs and lifts me up into a bridle-style carry— His body jumping the railing and sliding down the tiles of the roof.

His shoes clank loudly as he slides, the two of us descending swiftly and I look up to see no guards following. We soon fell out of sight as he jumped off the roof and hardened one of his arms.

With one arm holding me against him, his hardened claws slammed into the stone wall— Slowing our fall to a stop before he kicked off and landed on the grass surrounding the castle.

"Where's the hatch?" He calls and I fixate my attention back on him "She just said 'At the bottom of the walls'." I state and he comes to a stop, looking out along the stone trapping us in.

And as he is looking— I hear a shout sound off behind us, my head looking over his shoulder to see some guards filing out of the castles doors.

"Uh, Eij, not to rush you but—" His crimson eyes flicker to me for a moment, blinking to give me his attention before snapping his head back to look behind him in alert as another shout calls out.