Chapter Three

Thank you for voting CloudyUnicorn206 !!
—First Person POV.—

The knock that sounds from the side door calls me up, quickly patting down the sides of my dress as I near and push the handle down to open the door.

It swings open easily, showcasing the same red headed soldier from before— Hand stretched outwards for mine while his other rests idly on the side of the opened door.

Glancing up at me, the soldier clears his throat "We're all ready, My Lady." He informs as I lean down slightly to grasp his hand with my own.

Gently, he helps me down the few short steps leading out of the door— Quickly closing it behind me before leading me away from my carriage.

A few horses line the trees —No doubt from the extra soldiers who had come along,— Their reigns tied to hang so they had room to lay and stand.

As we pass by one to enter the tree line, it turns to watch— Large eyes casting over the two of us before passively returning to the grazing it had been doing.

We step past a couple more trees —My head tilting back to see the carriage still in sight,— Where a fire had been lit in the center of the camp, lifting the darkness slowly taking over the horizon.

Torches stand stabbed into the ground, lighting up certain tents scattered across the camp as well— Aiding in the areas the bonfire would not reach.

And to add to it all, soldiers trot about like ants— Continuing on to complete the tasks set to them but not before stopping to bow to me when they pass.

Besides the crackling of fire, the low hum of chatter fills in with the crunching of grass beneath our steps, my guard leading me across the camp and to a much larger tent set up and ready just as he had promised.

"Here we are," The soldier starts, gesturing towards the tent and letting me walk in first— The inside was small compared to my bedroom but considerably large for a tent, making me blink in surprise.

I had expected to get a tent just as small as the lead commander, but this is huge—

It was set up nicely too and I waste no time walking in further— Poking around at the sides and tapping the beam in the middle that held everything up.

There was even a foldable shoji screen sitting near the opposite side of the tent— Ready for me to change behind when needed.

"I'll be back in a bit," The soldier standing idly near the front flaps of the tent alerts me —I had actually forgotten he was there,— My eyes flicking up from the designs to lock onto his figure.

"Where are you going?" I question, turning to face him fully as he stiffens his posture a bit "There's a few more things the others are unloading, I just want to go and help out." He explains.

And I pause, looking up towards the small holes flicked open at the top of the tent— Showing me just how dark it actually is.

"Do you know where my other two soldiers are?" I ask, earning a nod in return "They are helping refill the water, My Lady." He says, remembering to add my title at the end of his sentence this time.

"Alright you can go but be sure to bring me my dinner later, soldier." I nod, dismissing him to continue walking around my tent.

He lingers near the door flaps, watching me for a moment "Should I send one of them back to watch you?" He asks and I pause, looking his way again.

"What?"

"Should I send one of them back to watch you," He repeats innocently, clearing his throat again "I don't know if I should leave you alone since you're meant to be guarded—" And I lost him.