Chapter Thirty-Two

—First Person POV.—

"Oh, there you are (Y/n)—" The familiar groggy voice of the my significant other greets behind me and I can hear the surprise in his words when he sees the other person standing just a few feet in front of me.

"Tetsu?" He questions and I can practically hear his head tilt with his words.

"Well, thank you for walking me home Tetsu, see you around." I dismiss before quickly turning and coming face to face with the soldier sporting a crazy mop of black rooted bed head.

"It's no problem, (Y/n), I enjoyed the walk." Tetsu replies as I take a moment to look over my soldiers waking appearance.

He seemed to have been in the process of rubbing the sleep from his eye when we meet but pauses when he hears the guards words, his crimson brows furrowing as he sends me a questioning look.

He's half naked.

I could feel a light blush creeping up on my features as my eyes immediately trailed down—and it seemed he wrapped one of the small blankets around his waist before opening the door.

It takes me a second to notice his furrowed brows and the tense in his shoulders—he was growing distressed and upset, probably over the fact that I had returned late at night with another man.

After glancing back at the guy behind me, Eijiro sent me a look—questioning, and clearly hurt by the possibility. My expression immediately softens.

I place my hand on his forearm—silently reassuring him with a glance that said 'I'll tell you about it after,' before ducking past and trotting into the darkness of the room.

The light from the hallway continues to pour into our room, pushing and creating some shadows from the entrance as Eijiro continued to stand there.

I went to turn around the corner leading to our bed, my head peaking out as I paused and looked back to the redhead "Red? Are you coming?" I call out.

His back is still to me as he moves off from leaning against the door frame—clearing his throat and glancing over his shoulder for a second.

"I'll come in in a sec, (Y/n)— You can go to sleep, it's late." He inquires, pausing as I nod and climb onto the bed—laying down and pulling the blanket up over me.

—Third Person POV.—

After hearing a creak from the bed and the following rustle of sheets moving about, Eijiro closed the door behind him with a light click—turning to the guard with his arms crossed over his bare chest.

"So, why'd (Y/n) come back with you?" He wonders, not meaning to really state his question with such a tone but he couldn't really hide his uncomfortable stature at the moment.

And he needed answers.

"I saved her from bounty hunters sent by the league." Tetsu briefly explains, his original collected demeanor falling as he sighed and ran a hand through his grey locks.

This caused the ex-soldier to pause, his eyes widening slightly with surprise and immediate panic as he turned and went to open the door to dash back into his room to check on his significant other.

The only thing that stopped him from even turning the handle was a quick hand on his shoulder "Dude it's okay, I already looked her over for injuries." Tetsu states, hoping to ease his friend's conscience.