Chapter Twenty-One

—First Person POV.—

The attack had begun, sending the room into a flurry of panic as a couple more figures come smashing in through the other windows surrounding the top walls of the courtroom.

Looking upwards, the King seems to catch my eye— Sending a simple nod in goodbye as his own guards move in to shield him away from the commotion.

Once out of sight, my attention falls back to the surrounding court— Knights and higher-ups being taken down without much mercy from the attackers "Barbarians!!" One called out.

My own guards had created a sort of wall in front and to the sides of me, the shock of the sudden attack not phasing them as they protectively held their ground.

From across the room, a man fights with two swords— His blood red cape following his movements as he ducked beneath a spear jabbed his way before expertly shoving it to the side with his shoulder.

His wild movements showcased his extreme skill and from the sharp blood-colored eyes he portrayed, I knew what he would do.

That was the man who would kill me and I guess Kirishima realized that too— His hand suddenly finding my wrist before pulling me further behind him.

During his action, he had made eye contact with the Barbarian— Most likely glaring with his own piercing crimson gaze.

From my side, I could hear a thud sound off— My head tilting just in time to catch another shadow knocking Denki to the side before he could stop them.

Through the sudden opening, the opponent didn't seem to go after me— Instead following the blonde off into the forming crowd below the Kings throne.

The clatter of blades had filled the air within minutes and another one of the Barbarians seemed to take interest in my other guard— Sero.

His back shielding me the best he could as he fought off a shorter opponent— And then suddenly he was pulled from my side, the cloak covering the enemy flickering as they threw him into a wall.

"Red, you need to help Sero!" I called over the commotion, hoping to gain the soldiers attention but all I got in return was the shake of his head.

"He'll be fine, we need to get you out of here!" He stubbornly declined, using his grip on my hand to pull me back as he turned to run to the double doors.

I tried shaking my head, as he pulled me— His free hand grabbing the handle and yanking on it a few times before he cursed under his breath "It's locked!"

And when I see his free arm suddenly harden as he pulled it back— I pulled at our joined hands "Eij don't—" He didn't even have time to strike the door.

My force had pulled him a sliver to the side— Avoiding the knife that had just embedded itself in the wood.

His crimson gaze seemed to flicker back, the priority of getting me out of there now becoming a second mission as the same Barbarian from earlier approached.

Swords drawn, the red-eyed ash blonde looked over the two of us and Kirishima moved in front of me with his own glare on display.

"Get out of the way." A gruff voice demanded over the fighting and Kirishima's hand slowly let go of mine to reach for his sword.

"Over my dead body." He replied, swiftly pulling the sword loose from its sheathe and holding the tip defensively in front of us.

And the Barbarian.. Laughed, swiftly launching forward before I squint my eyes shut and the sound of metal on metal clangs through my ears.