Chapter Twelve

Thank you for voting kanai_hoshi !!
—First Person POV.—

'Oh, crap.' I manage to think before my carriage lurches to the side and I nearly fall over from the sudden force.

The Nomu's gaze follows as I stumble and back into the corner opposite of where it stood— Looming before shoving a fist into the side of my carriage again and causing it to shake.

I could hear the panicked bellows from the horses attached to my carriage when the Nomu rams it's fist into the side—

This time, splinters fly as the door is smashed inwards— The dark blue creatures hand continued forward, through the opening it had created in an attempt to grab me.

Thankfully I seemed to snap out of the momentary shock I had fallen into— Jumping back and avoiding the creatures grasp by back up and onto the seat near the window.

'Think, think, think!' I internally shout— Eyes darting about as the Nomu continues to reach for me, my head turning slightly to the side to see the window.

The window was much too small for me to fit through— But the crimson mess of hair just outside brought me some type of relief.

Kirishima practically jumps onto the side of the carriage, the side where I'm at and where the door is still intact—

I can see him yank on the handle a few times, the lock on the inside stopping him from pulling it open and I can't reach to unlock it because of the large Nomu trying to grab me.

Speaking of the Nomu, just as I glance up, I see it's free hand grip the side of the hole it had created— Racking it's hand back and tearing apart the wood stopping it from reaching in further.

"Uhh, Kirishima?!" I shout, turning to the soldier— He grits his teeth, reeling his arm back and I jolt as his hand slams through the middle of the door.

Fingers sharp and pointed, he opens his hand and yanks it back— Completely tearing the door off of the side and leaning in.

He ducks beneath the Nomu's wavering limb— Turning his back to the creature and shielding me as it's entire upper body finally broke through and slammed into us.

The carriage is smashed and my eyes squeeze shut when we are thrown out with the momentum— The back of my head being cupped protectively before we hit the grass and roll to a stop.

After a second, I cough, swiftly blinking my eyes open in alert.

The grass is rough against my back— Or maybe those are chunks of wood leftover from my carriage? I'm unsure.

The sun beams brightly behind him, casting shadows over his features— His mouth agape as he panted, staring down at me with a slight furrow in his brows.

He's leaning over me— Covering my body with his as I stare up at him, breathlessly meeting those worried crimson eyes before he gulps "Uh.." He seems to tense and I catch sight of another shadow approaching us.

"Uh— Behind you!" I sputter out, and Kirishima blinks— Snapping out of his flustered state when his eyes widen and the Nomu reels it's arm back.

Dust and dirt fly up, coating my vision as I squeeze my eyes shut— The after effects of the Nomu delivering its fist into Kirishima's back.

But once the haze clears— Kirishima is perfectly fine.

His hairs pretty messy from all the commotion here and before but he otherwise looks perfectly alright, opening his eyes to stare at me again.