Chapter Thirty-Eight

—First Person POV.—

"Alright, if there's anything you guys might've missed, now's the time to check!" Midoriya's voice calls from up ahead—easily pulling my attention away from my bag as I look up.

Eijiro is standing a few feet away, chattering away with the rogue knight about something I couldn't hear.

His posture was high, a noticeable brightness in his smile as he turns and sends a thumbs up towards me.

I answer his silent question with a nod, noting that I had everything ready and packed. Currently, I stood in the shaded area near the front door of the tavern—waiting for the call that would signal our departure from the village.

After our talk last night, Eijiro's whole demeanor had shifted with relief and I'm happy to say that most of the weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

My gaze watches him with a cheerful smile on my features—my heart still warm from the events as he gives a nod towards Iida and turns, heading my way with long strides.

"Iida says we should be there in about two days if we leave early," The redhead starts, earning an easy nod from my head as I idly pat my hand over my satchel "I just went over our stuff, with the rations they're all packing we should be good for the trip." I explain.

Thankfully, we didn't have much to hold on to, the meeting in the early morning where the sun was just slightly dousing the sky in its warm light had alerted us that we wouldn't need to pack food either.

—Seeing as that was all Tsu's duty, that gave us one less thing to worry about and I made sure to give a thankful nod to the greenette as she left the table.

"Kirishima, (Y/n)!" A voice calls, much lighter and more excited than the previous one that had shouts out—easily pulling my attention away from the conversation between Eijiro and I.

"Yes?" I answer, tilting my head ever so slightly when Uraraka approaches us and comes to a stop—her hand rummaging through her own bags contents in search of something.

"Here, I want to give you two a gift, seeing as we'll be traveling together," She trails off, still focused on retrieving the present and causing my eyes to blink in surprise.

"Oh, you don't need to give us anything—" I quickly reply while shaking my head gently "I'm sure you already have enough on your plate." And honestly, I was right.

This mornings meeting had also covered that due to Uraraka being their only witch, she would be in charge of healing potions and medical supplies.

—Which she had been alerted about long beforehand so she had enough time to collect the necessary herbs for such elixirs.

But my words seem to travel in one ear and out the other as she smiles widely and pulls the little bottles free from her bag—holding them up in triumphant manner.

"Found it!" Her voice beams and I hear Eijiro let out a small chuckle towards her antics "Here, take them in case of emergencies." Within an instant, the dimly growing potions were held out for me.

I quickly bring my hands up as I shake my head again once more, a sheepish grin on my features as I politely declined her offer.

But when she continues to insist with those blink cheeks of hers still smiling proudly towards her creations—I give in and gently pluck the little bottles from her grasp.

As I look over the dim contents inside, I tilt my head curiously towards the brunette "What kind of potions are these?" I wonder after a second.

"They're emergency combustible potions," The witch replies nonchalantly, causing my eyes to widen as I fixed my grip to hold them more securely.