Chapter Thirteen

—First Person POV.—

With a slight stretch from my arms, I make my way through the camp— Bidding 'goodnight' to any soldiers left out for the first shifts in those areas.

The walk to where my tent should be— I say should, because I had to ask someone where it was earlier and I'm hoping they were right.

And after stepping past the few trees separating my tent from the others, I catch sight of the mass— Plus a familiar redhead sitting right outside of it.

His head perks up upon hearing my footsteps— Crimson eyes flickering over to meet mine before he waves in greeting "Didn't think I'd see you tonight." I comment with a smile.

Noting he must've dropped his vest off to go and get it fixed or he threw it away since he currently wasn't wearing it.

He nods, sharp teeth smiling sheepishly in return "Yeah, but the other two looked tired— So I took the first shift again." The Soldier explains and I shake my head with a sigh.

"Please don't wear yourself out, Kirishima." I request— Seeing his face tint almost as red as his hair, showcased by the moonlight when he averts his eyes downwards and clears his throat.

"I'll keep that in mind, My Lady.." He mutters, much quieter now and I step past him, brushing open the entrance to my tent and— Pausing.

Out of the corner of my eye, I think I see something out of place and turn my head to face Kirishima fully— The moon's light running over his bare back and highlighting the obvious burn marks lining it.

It takes him a second to catch my eye, finally taking notice to my staring and sending a questioning look in my direction.

"I see the medic I sent didn't do too well." I comment and he freezes, laughing sheepishly again "Uh, actually.."

—Third Person POV.—

—Flash Back.—

"Ready, one, two.. Three!" With a grunt, Kirishima lifted the side of the wagon— Letting the others trapped underneath get pulled free from the wedge between the wood and grass.

"Got him!" One of the soldiers beside him alert— Letting the redhead drop the heavy object and dust his hands off with a sigh.

While the other soldiers helped check on the guy he had assisted in pulling out— Kirishima turned to lift and sling the remains of Lady (Y/n)'s luggage over his shoulder before trotting off to put her tent together.

He had stopped earlier when they asked for his assistance since they couldn't lift the wagon themselves— And he gladly did, lifting his arm to wipe the small spark of sweat from his brow as he walks.

A set of footsteps swiftly rush after him— His head assuming that it was just another soldier going out about their business when the stranger grabbed at his shoulder.

Pausing in his step, Kirishima glanced down at the shorter man— Blinking confusingly when the boy paused to catch his breath.

"Wow you walk fast." He wheezed, earning a confused smile from the redhead "Sorry man." He apologizes and is passively waved off.

"I— Holy crap you seriously walk fast, man, can we stop for a moment?" The older medic requested, causing Kirishima to come to a stop for the poor man.