Chapter Eight

—First Person POV.—

His laughter had died down when I finally approached, nudging him with my elbow to get his attention and causing the redhead to jump.

"Calm down, I'm ready to go back now." I comment and he quickly nods, offering to carry the extra stuff in my hands— Which I gladly accepted before we where off, heading back to the campsite.

Pushing back the leaves on the bush, he lets me pass through first and I nearly trip over the two bodies laying limp just beside the plant.

"Oh, I forgot about those guys." The crimson soldier beside me comments to himself, a sheepish grin falling onto his features while I deadpan "Are they dead?"

He quickly shakes his head "No, don't worry they're just knocked out." He informs and I grumble in disappointment "What a shame." I comment, idly kicking at the side of one of the bodies before walking off in the direction of the camp.

The crimson soldier follows after me, quick to come back to my side instead of his spot behind earlier.

The fallen tree comes up swiftly and I take back the extra stuff— Letting him scoop me up into his arms again before leaping over the wood.

Then he took back all of my stuff and we continued on "What's so important about this trip anyways?" He questions innocently, eyes trained forward to make sure we stay on the right track.

"You weren't paying attention to the whole introduction." I deadpan, and he quickly shakes his head— Denying, and saying he just needed a refresher is all.

"The whole trip is to get me to the kingdom, that's it." I answer easily and his brows furrow, finally glancing towards me again.

"No I knew that part— I just don't know what we're going to do when we get there." He rephrases and I pause.

The silence that follows my unwillingness to answer the simple-sounding question is loud— Passing between us as we grow closer to the light of the camp.

"Well, since we're asking random questions because you didn't pay attention in the introduction—" I start, seeing him open his mouth to protest—

"What's you're name, again?" I ask, snapping the silence like a toothpick and causing the crimson soldier beside me to pause in his step.

Then his head snaps in my direction "You don't remember my name??" He questions, voice suddenly loud again— This time in complete disbelief and slight offense in his features.

"Well it's not really remember— More like I don't really know your name," I explain with a nervous chuckle.

"Look who wasn't paying attention at the introduction now." He comments saltily "I was paying attention!" I defend.

"We've been traveling together for a week, and you didn't know my name this whole time!" He states, flinging his free hand around with his words "I kind of know your name!" I blurt out without thinking and he deadpans.

"Okay, what's my name then?" He questions and I pause, expression falling slack "......Sero Hanta?" I slowly answer, causing his face to scrunch up— And he's laughing at me again.

"Names can be hard okay!" I try to defend myself but he just continues to laugh "Stop laughing and tell me you name!" I demand but it seems to fall on deaf ears as he continues to cackle.

"Come on, just tell me! My narrative can't keep calling you the 'crimson soldier' because I don't know your name!" I complain, wanting to smack the author for her clear laziness. (Stfu)