Chapter Twenty-Nine

—First Person POV.—

"It's not that," He starts, eyes avoiding my own as a nervous chuckle meets my ears "I don't really know how to dance with a partner." He admits while timidly lifting his free hand up to rub at the back of his neck.

An embarrassed hue of crimson dances it's way across his face and my eyes flicker from the chanting crowd to him again.

With a gentle squeeze, I pull his gaze back to me—offering the redhead a reassuring smile when I step in front of him and tug his arm down so I can clasp his other hand in my free one.

"Just follow me," I command—lifting our joined hands slightly as I pull him into the crowd.

He follows without question, his brows furrowed as he stiffly wanders with my movement and steps into the flow of the people.

There is a lot of room thankfully, so I skip backwards without any issue, his crimson eyes watching my bubbly actions before the couples around us holler in unison and a clap sounds throughout the warm air.

I smile, following the slight stop in the music and nearly falling over when his foot accidentally stepped on mine "Ouch—" I stumble to the side and my shoulder bumps into someone.

Eijiro hurriedly pulls on our joined hands, bringing me back to him while saying a quick "Sorry!" To the people we briefly disturbed.

It takes a moment for me to regain my footing and when I finally look up, his crimson eyes are already watching me with a glint of guilt in them.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I'm really cut out for this kind of thing.." The lantern lights flicker off of his somber expression and I pause—a chuckle slipping from my lips.

"Look Red," I smile while my thumb runs over his knuckles in a soothing motion "It's okay, just keep following me." He obliged as I continue to pull him back with the crowd—our steps falling into the rhythm, albeit a little later than everyone else.

He does end up accidentally stepping on my feet a few more times and when I wince he quickly apologizes but I try not to let him pay any mind to it for long—instead giving him time to relax and move with me.

"Now listen to the music and repeat what everyone else is doing!" I call out as a few people around us are spun with the flow of the song—dirt kicking up when the duos stomped and continued to repeat the dance all over again.

It takes a few moments, but he finally seems to loosen up to the music—one of his hands briefly letting go of mine so I could spin.

My voice lifts with a laugh and he's proudly smiling when I'm pulled back into him. Our hands catch once more and we're whisked throughout the rhythm of the crowds.

As another song starts up, it only takes him a few minutes to catch the cycle and repeat it along with everyone else.

We separate to clap in rhythm with the music but as he reaches out to grab my hand again, I shift his grip to my waist and step to the side—watching his flustered expression when he moves with me.

His grip tugs me to the side before I could walk into another couple.

My body is pressed up against his whilst his fingers interlock with mine "Am I doing good?" He wonders, those beautiful crimson eyes gazing down at me with hope and a hint of nervousness for my answer.

I brush my mask to the side so he could see my smile "You're doing amazing, Eijiro." I answer, now reaching out to cup the side of his cheek, my fingers lightly grabbing the jaw portion of his mask and shifting it to the side so I could kiss him.