Chapter Seventeen

(Creature by WolfyTheWitch on YouTube) Go watch it the arts so beautiful! ❤️

—First Person POV.—

The Shire snorts, her hooves stomping thunderously as she walks, sending me up and down in a light rhythm as we move on.

Kirishima's hand holds her reigns steady, beckoning her on as the gates of the kingdom grow in view— The sight causes the formation of my two other guards to tighten slightly.

Opposite side of the red haired soldier sits the electric blonde, his golden eyes staring forward with a gleam to showcase his excitement towards the end of our journey.

The soldier also holds 'Riots' reigns from atop his own horse, leading the stallion onward and in step with his.

Sero is stationed behind me— Whereas I can't see him but I was able to sneak a glance or two when I turned to grab small meaningless things from one of the storage satchels attached to the saddles side.

He travels close— Close enough so in case of an emergency, he is near and able to stop any possible harm from coming to me.

And the presence of the three seems to ease a sort of weight off my shoulders, returning my gaze to those large gates just up ahead.

"You ready for this, My Lady?"

I'm pulled away from my thoughts as Kirishima whispers to me, his eyes staying trained forward as to not cause any suspicion as he speaks.

"Of course, we've come all this way for this," I reply, dodging, and out of the corner of my eye—I catch his crimson gaze flicker up to look at me for a moment.

"I asked if you're ready for this." He repeats, emphasizing his words and causing me to sigh gently through my nose—keeping my posture.

Judging by the conversation we had last night, he must be worried that there's something up, and knowing that—a small part inside my chest warms.

"Yes, thank you for asking, Kirishima." I can't help the corners of my mouth from flickering up slightly into a soft smile, turning to meet his gaze fully and causing him to nod.

"If you're ever uncomfortable, or feel unsafe, just let me know." He seems to ease, keeping his stoic expression while stating his soft words and brushing aside the tension that had built in my shoulders.

Hearing this, I want to talk to him a bit more—subtly parting my lips to reply in agreement but immediately closing it again when I hear a new set of footsteps come up from behind.

"Lady (Y/n)," A voice greets heartily, my eyes swiftly averting away from the crimson haired soldier as the medic from a few days ago approaches my side.

Well attempts to, at least.

With the new presence, the Mare I'm riding shifts to the side a bit—snorting irritably towards the man and causing him to nervously glance her way for a second.

"Hello again," I greet in return, capturing his attention once more and causing the short man to look up to me again "Do you need something, Medic?" I address.

"Yes— Well no, it's just that there will be a few.." His voice trails off as the Mare snorts again, a bellow escaping her muzzle when he grows too close.