Chapter 11 - Threat

CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

THREAT

Russell's POV

"I'm here. Where are you?"

"Behind you." I turned around and saw Agatha smiling widely while waving at me. I ended the call and waited patiently for her to walk towards me.

"Miss me?" biro niya.

I just rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag cart from her. "You brought a lot..." Ang dami niyang bagahe kahit na tatlong linggo lang naman siyang umalis. She went to Denver to visit her parents.

"I'm a girl. Dressing up is a must." She pouted but smiled afterwards. "How are things at school?"

"Same," bored na sagot ko habang naglalakad kami papunta sa parking lot.

"When's the first game?"

"Tomorrow."

"Oh yeah? Cool. I'm sure the girls already practiced a lot."

Agatha is the head cheerleader of Brooklyn High. Like me, she's an over achiever. Lahat ng sinasalihan niyang mga competition ay sinisigurado niyang mananalo siya. I have known her since we were kids. Grade 1 pa lang kasi kami ay magkaklase na kami. Our mothers are bestfriends so we're almost always together. And she's the only girl I can tolerate since she doesn't like me romantically.

"Russ it's cold, can I borrow your jacket?"

I stopped and stared at her. Alam niyang ayokong nagpapahiram ng gamit kahit kanino man, kahit sa kanya pa. I just don't like someone else's scent on my things.

"I forgot. Sorry. Can you pass me that bag? I think I have my hoodie there." Iniabot ko sa kanya iyon at hinintay na maisuot niya bago kami naglakad ulit.

She immediately sat on the shotgun seat as I unload her bags on the compartment of my car and at the backseat. Then we headed off to the drive-thru as per her request. She said her stomach's churning.

"Should we eat these at my place?"

"I already had dinner at the welcome party," sagot ko.

"Oh. Was that tonight?"

"Yeah."

Nag-drive na ulit ako hanggang sa makarating kami sa apartment niya. She was quiet all throughout the ride and that's something I appreciate so much about her. Alam niya na hindi ako madaldal at hindi ko rin gusto ang maingay.

"Goodluck on your game tomorrow and thanks again for picking me up." She smiled.

"Anytime."