The Big Toe Part 1

(POV:Reader)

I looked around the fridge and pantry to see what I could find. 'I really should go buy some groceries with the money dad left' I thought, not seeing much to eat. 'What to eat, what to eat?' I asked myself looking at the pile of vegetables in the fridge.

-"Soup?" I mumbled, taking out the vegetables to start chopping them up.

-"Where's the vegetable broth?" I looked around the pantry and found it hidden behind some boxes of cereal. I put in the finishing touches and turned off the stove since the soup was done.

-"Coming" I called out as someone had knocked on the door.

-"I thought you were leaving?" I asked Ramon who stood at the door.

-"There's been some complications..."

-"You can use the sofa in the living room, my dad's gone for the week" I opened the door a bit wider, letting him come in.

-After Cleaning the Kitchen-

I walked to my room, two bowls filled with the soup I had made earlier. I let Ramon just sit there and wait till I finished up cleaning the kitchen. He offered to help but he was a 'guest' which felt rude to me to have him help me clean up.

-"Hope you're hungry" I said entering the room, setting the bowls on the vanity.

-"Oh, I'm starving, thanks" I walked over to him to see what he was reading.

-"W-Where did you get that?" I asked, feeling a small lump form in my throat as I recognized the writing...Sarah's writing.

-"It was just here on your bookshelf"

-"No, I couldn't have been, I took it back to the house today" I took the book from him, taking a look at the pages to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or something.

-"What?"

-"No! Not again!" I dropped the book as writing appeared on it.

-"What the hell?" Ramon said, staring at the book with wide eyes as red letters made their way to its pages.

-"I hate this!" I sat on my knees, ripping pages out of the book to make it stop but the writing continued.

-"It's not doing anything!"

-"A mother was digging at the edge of a garden when she saw a big toe, 'it looks nice and plump' she said"

-"'I'll put it in a stew'..." Ramon read aloud.

-"What kind of story is that?"

-"I-I don't know, but...Auggie!" I ran to the desk, looking around in the drawers for the walkie-talkie.

-"Auggie?!"

(A/N):

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I got really busy.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!