Tim Shepard Imagine

For LauraBlurton

"Where in the hell have you been?" my mother said, sitting up from her slouched position on the couch. "I've been waiting up all night for you?" 

With the drool hanging off her lip, the smeared make up, sex hair, and frumpy outfit, I imagine she just got home no more than an hour ago. I'm sure she was out at the bars again, trying to pick up younger guys and pretend she's still twenty-two rather than forty-five. In trying to avoid her nasty behavior, I was staying at my best friend Tim's house. I can't stand to be around my mother, and when I finally turn eighteen, I'm getting the hell out of here.

"Was out, obviously." I tried to get to my room without having to continue this conversation-more like pending arguement-but I wasn't that lucky.

"What have I said about whoring around with that Shepard boy? He's a no good hood, and I raised you better than that!" she screeched. I could smell the alcohol on her breath, and I was standing more than ten feet away. She reeked of sex and beer, and I was trying not to gag.

"Tim is not a no good hood. You have no right to talk about him like that!"

"Oh I don't? Did I misread the paper when it said he tried to rob that convienence store down the street? Or when he slashed that boy's tires?"

"C'mon, Dallas had it coming. He put a brick through Tim's cars window."

"He's no good either! You need to stop hanging out in the wrong crowds, and be the daughter I know I raised!"

"Oh, so I can be a sloppy drunk who sleeps with a random guy every night?"

"You bitch! Get the hell out of my house, now!" She punctuated that statement by chunking an empty beer bottle at my head. Luckily, with her drunken state, she couldn't aim to save her life. It smashed a couple feet next to me, shattering into a million pieces on the floor.

Guess I'm heading back to Tim's. The walk over there wasn't long. He only lived two streets over from my house. It was late, probably close to 2 a.m. now. I honestly wished I had stayed over at Tim's house, but I wanted Curly and Angela to actually get some sleep. They get way too excited when I'm over and wanna stay up all night to hang out, but they need to get some sleep for school.

Hesitantly, I knocked on the door. I knew Tim was going to be wary about opening the door this late. It could be Dallas trying to prank him, or start some bullshit. Or it could be another gang trying to attack. This side of town could really suck at times.

After a minute, the door swung wide open, Tim staring at me with sleep in his eyes.

"(Y/N)? I thought you were going home tonight?" he asked, stifiling a yawn. I hated waking him up, but I really didn't want to stay at Dally's or Two's tonight.

"I was, but my drunk of a mother kicked me out. Is it okay if I stay here tonight?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Tim said, widening the door. "You know you can stay here whenever. Shit, I'm surprised you haven't moved in already."

"That's a nice offer, Tim, but you don't need to be worrying about me. You have Curly and Angela to worry about already."

Tim's mother had died when Angela was three, and his father died of alcohol poisoning a few years back. Tim's been responsible since he was sixteen, and it hasn't been easy for him. He had to drop out and get a job, so he could provide for his younger siblings. I didn't want to add to his plate with my problems as well.

"Nonsense. I worry about you regardless. And even if you don't want to stay here, I could talk to Buck and Dallas and get something figured out for you there, or maybe Two's mother would.."