Johnny Imagine

For sj13396

"What's been bothering you Stace? You know you can't hide anything from me for long," Soda whined. I both hated and loved that my twin brother could read me like a book. "I really don't want to talk about it Soda," I said, trying to brush it off, but he wasn't going with it. "C'mon, you know you can tell me anything," he said, looking at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes.

"I like Johnny, ok? Are you happy now?" I asked harshly, but Soda had the biggest grin on his face. He started bouncing around the room, yelling, "My baby sister has her first crush! My baby sister has her first crush! My baby sister has her first crush!"

"Shut up! And I'm only five minutes younger than you!" I hissed. He just smiled at me. "I'm gonna go tell him," he smiled evilly. My eyes widened in horror. "Don't you dare Sodapop Curtis, or so help me I will tell Darry what you did last week," I threatened. He deflated a little, his excitement gone.

"At least let me go talk to him about you. See if he has any feelings towards ya?" he asked, hopeful. "Fine," I gave in, watching the excitement fill his eyes again. "I'll be back!" he said before running downstairs.

About a half hour later, there was a knock on the door. Before I could even say 'Come in', Soda walked in, looking depressed again. He sat down in my chair, staring at the floor. "You need to talk to that boy," Soda said. "Why?" I asked, confused. "I just had the most depressing conversation in my life down there," he said. "He said he's been thinking about asking you out for months, but he hasn't because he thinks he isn't good enough for you. Like, I was in such a good mood, and that brought me right down! Go talk to him," Soda pushed. 

"I am, I am," I said, getting up off my bed and walking downstairs. Johnny was sitting on the couch next to my little brother Pony. "Move it Pony. Johnny's mine for five minutes," I declared. Pony glared at me. The only good relationship I had with my brothers was Soda. Darry, Pony, and I just didn't click. Soda was the only thing holding our family together.

"Go away Stacy. Johnny and I are talking about the rumble," Pony spat. "A rumble you ain't gonna be in. I need Johnny for five minutes. Maybe even shorter. Now scram," I said, but had a threat hidden in there. Pony was both stronger and faster than me, but he would never underestimate me. He moved away, and started talking to Two-Bit. "What do you want to talk about Stace?" Johnny asked. 

"Whatever you think, it's wrong. You are good enough for me. If anything, I'm not good enough for you. So get any of those bad thoughts out of your head," I said. I got up, about to go back to my room to talk to Soda when I felt a hand tug me back down. "Be my girl Stace?" Johnny asked. Our faces were inches apart. I nodded breathlessly as our lips collided.