Johnny Imagine

For TheOutsidersFangirl7

I was named after my country. America Curtis. My father was a soldier in World War 2, and he thought it was a fitting name for the daughter of a soldier. That's why my brothers got unique names too. My older brother's name is Darrel, but we call him Darry. My twin brother's name is Sodapop, but we call him Soda. And my younger brother's name is Ponyboy, but we called him Pony. I liked our names. Us Curtis' were unique and I liked it.

My brothers had four close friends they always hung out with. Me being their sister ended up hanging out with them too. I really liked Johnny though. He was so cute and quiet, kinda like me. I'm very quiet which makes me and Soda polar opposites. 

Johnny and I were hanging out with Ponyboy. We were walking home from the movies. On our way home, Johnny said, "Hey Pony, go ahead without us. I need to ask Mer something", he said. Pony looked at him confused, but went along with it anyway. "What was that about Johnny?", I asked. "I really need to ask you something, and I wouldn'thave been able to do that with your little brother around. America, will you go out with me sometime?", Johnny asked.

I looked at him surprised. "Sure Johnny. I'd love too", I said. We arrived at my house. "I'll see you later", I said, kissing his cheek and running into the house. Darry was making dinner, and Pony and Soda were complaining about being hungry.

"Hey guys", I said, sitting down next to Soda. "Hey Mer", they said. "What did Johnny want to talk to you about?", Pony asked. "He actually asked me out", I said. All their heads turned to me. "Really? Johnny had the courage to ask out a Curtis?", Soda asked. "Yeah, he did", I said. "Is that ok with you guys? Darry?", I asked, turning to her older brother. He tried his best to stay positive. 

He gave in to her pleading eyes. "Yes, I'm ok with it." "I love yu Dar", I said, going over and hugging him. "I love you too kid", he said. Now I had to go get ready for my first date.