Darry Imagine

For Evangelia257

Married life is supposed to be happy right? I thought so too. I married the love of my life Darrel Curtis when I was twenty one. I figured life was going to get better. I figured we would be able to move out and get our own place since Soda was on the brink of turning eighteen. I found out I was pregnant after six months of our marriage. I was very excited because I have been dreaming of having kids since I was younger, and I couldn't imagine having them with anyone, but Darry.

But that all changed when I walked into the house to find Darry in bed with my friend Fiona. It was like a double betrayal. Too much for me to take. "Evan, wait! I can explain!", he yelled, but I ran to my best friend Dallas' house, more like room at Bucks. I had known him for ten years, ever since I was eleven years old. He brought me to Tulsa with him when he left New York. I thank him every day for bringing me with him because I knew I would never be alone, and I had met Darry. At least I used to thank him.

I silently sit in his room, waiting for him to come back. Eventually, around eleven, he comes in with a girl behind him. They were laughing until they saw me. "Ev, what are you doing here?", he asked. I didn't answer him. He whispered something to the girl and she left the room. He got closer and kneeled in front of me. "What's wrong Ev? Your never this quiet", he said. I started crying and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged back. "Darry cheated on me!", I wailed. 

"He what!", Dallas yelled. I nodded my head. "I walked in on him in bed with Fiona. They were.. were", I couldn't finish the sentence. "Can..can I please stay here with you?", I asked.  "Of course you can. But I'm going to go have a chat with your husband", Dallas said. As he was about to leave, he turned back and looked at me. "Does he know about the baby?", he asked. I shook my head no. I was going to tell him tonight. "I won't say a word about it", he said, as if locking his lips.

He left and I laid on his bed, slowly drifting to sleep from exhaustion. When I woke up, Dally was no where. I was about to go look for him when the phone rang. I answered it, saying, "Hello?" "Hey Ev, its Two", Two said. "Hey Two. Why are you calling?", I asked. "I just wanted to let you know that Dally is in jail again", Two said. "What? What did he do this time?", I asked. "Well, he actually tried to kill your husband for cheating on you, but he didn't, so yeah. He's in jail. Not sure the Curtis' are very happy with you right now", Two said. "First of all, your overexaggerating Two. I know Dallas would never do anything that would put him in jail for longer than a month. Second, I am technically a Curtis. And third, I don't care what they think of me. I'm filing for divorce tomorrow", I said before hanging up. I sighed, slipped on a jacket, and headed down to the jail house. I paid Dally's bail.

I asked about filing for divorce while I waited for Dallas to get out. They gave me the paper work, and Dallas arrived. He grinned sheepishly when he saw me. "Hey Ev", he said. "I didn't ask for you to try and kill my husband Dal", I said, walking out to my car. "I didn't try and kill him. He tried to kick my ass because he didn't like the way I was talking about him. Soda and Pony ain't very happy with the two of us just to let you know", Dally said. "Tell me something I don't know. My brother in laws up their big brother's ass as usual. I don't care. I'm filling the divorce papers out tonight. I won't be with a cheating scum bag. My kids deserve better", I said, looking down at my stomach. 

"Speaking of that, I have something I have to tell you", Dallas said, scratching the back of his head. I waited silently for him to continue. "I...I have been in love with you for the past five years. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. But you were with Darry, and I wasn't going to ruin your love. I'll help you raise your baby too even though its not mine. I hope this doesn't ruin anything Ev", he said, looking at me hopefully. "I like you to Dal, and its so sweet of you to say that", I said happily. I definitely thought I would be alone in this, but I knew I would always be able to count on Dallas. He was always there for me. I wish I would have realized it sooner. 

About six months later, the babies were born. Yes, they happened to be twins. I named them Johnny and James. The divorce papers came in and I now am free to be with Dally. We have started a life together and he has accepted the boys as his own. It makes me so happy that I can't even explain. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have Dally. Most likely be on the streets.

It was a month after the twins were born that the four of us decided to go for a walk at the park. Dallas suggested it, and the boys could always use fresh air. I pushed Johnny while Dallas pushed James in their strollers. I wanted to get a double stroller, but I couldnt afford it. So I bought to cheap ones that were likely to fall apart at some point. 

We were walking and talking, and I was in a good mood. "Dal, I love you so much. I'm so glad the boys actually have a father now", I said. "They already do", a voice said from behind me. I turned to see an angry Darry. He stalked towards us. I glared at him. "I meant a good person for a father. A person that can be trusted", I spat. "I can't believe you didn't tell me about them. You just go off to be with another guy you slut", he growled. "Don't you dare talk to her like that!", Dallas tried to jump him, but I held him back. "This is coming from a man who cheated on his wife, who had been together for seven years. You don't deserve to know anything about me now. Go back to my backstabbing friend Fiona, and leave us alone", I stood my ground, turning around, pushing Johnny away, and leaving an awestruck Darry behind. "I want to marry you", Dallas said. "I hope  you do", I whispered back, knowing Dallas was the true love of my life.