Two-Bit Imagine

For Whatup1234567

"Kandy, pass the damn ball!" "Shut up Two-Bit! I'm thinking!" I yelled back. "What are you thinking about? The next game that your going to lose?" he asked, taking the ball from my hands. "Unfair. I wasn't ready!" I stuck my tongue out. "Then you have to stop thinking," he yelled back.

Two had taken me to the basketball courts outside out town to practice for the big game coming up. He had gone out for the men's team when he found out I had made the women's team. And, somehow, he made it. I mean, he's tall, but not athletic at all. The only sport I've seen Two play is football, and he ain't all that great at it.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked, stopping in front of me. "Prom," I answered without thinking. His face twisted up in disgust. "Why are you thinking about Prom? I'm sure a ton of guys have asked you," he said, making a lay-up. "Actually, no one has asked me, and Prom is in two days," I informed. He looked at me oddly. "No one has asked you? Like, at all?" he asked.

"Nope. No one," I said, snagging the ball out from under him, making a three pointer. "Your not funny, Kan," he said, trying to take the ball back, but failed as I made another three pointer. "Do I look like I'm joking, Two?" I asked, dribbling the ball down the court. "Well, no.." he said, then looked down at his wrist. "Woah! It's almost six thirty! Let's go," he said. 

He drove me home, and I got ready for the game tomorrow. I skipped school the next day, running laps down the street to prepare for the game. Then when four thirty rolled around, I drove to the school. My team was running drills, and I jumped right into it.

The game started a half hour later. The score was up 30-12 their team. But after half time, our team started to play better. The time was running out, and I was about to shoot the game winning shot. That is, until I heard someone shout my name. The ball shot out of my hands, hit the rim, bounced back to the backboard, rolled around the rim, then tipped into the net.

Everyone started to cheer as the buzzer sounded, but I was looking around for who had called my name. I hadn't even seen the ball go in. That's when I spotted Two-Bit running over towards me across the court. "Kandy!" he yelled. "What in the hell do you want Two?" I asked as he got closer. "I was hoping you'd go to Prom with me, I mean, you do owe me one. I just helped you win the game," he smirked.

"Yeah, sure Two," I smiled. "You're lucky that I asked you because I wasn't going to let anyone else take you."