Ponyboy Imagine

For ItsHaileyMendoza

Smack. That's it. I'm done. To the Curtises I go. Johnny may be able to handle their abuse, but I'm sick and tired of it. Johnny leaves all the time, just leaving the open oppurtunity for them to come at me instead. He doesn't even seem to realize it.

Pony answered the door when I knocked. He seemed surprised. "Hailey, why did you knock? You know you can always come in. We thought you might be a social worker," he said. I laughed a small laugh before walking past him. "This time felt different," I shrugged as he followed me. I didn't sit as he plopped down on the couch. He looked at me strangely.

"What's up Hailey?" he asked. "I need a place to stay," I said quietly. "You know you can stay here," Pony said, like it was obvious information that I should know. "But Pony, I need a permenant place to stay," I said. His eyes widened. "You're leaving your parents!?" he asked, but already knew the answer.

"Yes, and I'm not going to ask you to let me stay here. Darry already has enough to worry about. I'm going to leave Tulsa," I decided. "What?!" Pony jumped off the couch in shock. "Yeah. It's the only solution," I shrugged my shoulders again, shifting my weight between my legs.

"That's not  the only solution Hailey. Darry would not care if you stayed here. What about Johnny? What about me?" he asked, spitting out words. "You don't mean that," I said. "Oh I do. I've been working up the nerve to ask you out for months," he said. 

Before I could even comprehend what was going on, Pony pulled me close, kissing me lightly. "Don't leave," he whispered against my lips. "I won't."