Chapter 4: Quiet Down!

In Headmage Crowley's office, many students have already arrived to explain the situation. Crowley and the other staff are trying to calm down the situation.

Trein says, "Everyone, please, calm yourselves!"

"Stop scampering around like puppies in need for a walk," Crewel says, holding out his pointer.

"The little imps are kicking up more of a fuss than usual. Sure are agitated, aren't they?" Sam replies.

"Can you blame 'em? Vargas replies.

Crowley then claps his hands and calls out, "All right, everyone. Quiet down! We won't be able to hear anything if you're shouting over each other. I'd like each dorm to take turns reporting in."

Rook starts, "Pomefiore's housewarden Vil Schonheit is nowhere to be found. Epel and the other freshmen have vanished as well, with nary a trace of their cheery smiles... Only myself and less than half of Pomefiore's students remain."

Jamil is next, "It's the same for Scarabia. Our housewarden Kalim Al-Asim is also missing... And yet I think we might've fared better than some of the other dorms."

"Yeah, I got no idea where Azul and Jade are. A bunch of the other guys up and vanished too. All that's left of Octavinelle is the 20 of us you see here." Floyd says

Then Ortho says, worried, "Idia's missing! His bed was empty when I woke up from sleep mode. And over half of our dorm's students are gone too. I can't trace their bio-readings anywhere on campus. Where could they have gone...?"

Then Silver says, "Diasomnia is much the same."

Hearing that Diasomnia dorms also experience disappearances shock them.

Riddle asks, "Then Malleus and Lilia have disappeared as well?"

"The only Savanaclaw guys who aren't missing are the ones here, "Leona says.

Then says, annoyed, "Man. Still can't believe I had to go around to all the rooms and do the headcount myself."

"Normally we have Jack for any jobs requiring legwork, since he's all about running... But he's missing too," Ruggie says.

"Usually Cater's here to smooth things over when there's an issue, or when students at our dorm are in trouble, but well..." Trey says.

"Though I chide him for talking too much. I admit, it's strange to not hear his quips right now," Riddle says.

"I'm not exactly worried about Deuce, but I guess it is too quiet without him. It's weirdin' me out," Ace adds.

Then turns to the headmage, "All right, Headmage what's the deal? Just what exactly's going on?"

"Yes! I demand an explanation!" Sebek says.