Chapter 2: Nary a Chaperone

Meanwhile, in the Mirror Chamber, all the teachers have been awaiting for their students to return. After being able to contact the students and what they have discussed, it's proven that deep concern has been made.

Trein says, "These ghosts are dangerous - they terrorize the living and take over their bodies... And we've sent our students into a realm where they run rampant! With nary a chaperone!"

"A bit late for objections now, don't you think? Besides, those pups knew the risk when they signed up. And, if I may remind you, you accepted that when you saw them off," Crewel says.

"I was operating under the assumption that we'd be able to provide them with support! Yes, they're exceptional fledgling mages. I do not lack faith in their abilities. That's what makes this so dangerous. They take greater risk BECAUSE they are capable. You should know that," Trein says.

"Mm..." Vargas replies, and says, "Yeah, we banked on being able to use the Viewglass. We didn't anticipate they'd be out of commission in certain places,"

"I don't think ANYONE anticipated our little imps would go to the Spectral Realm. But let's be real here - things wouldn't have gone much differently if we'd known. Us living folks don't exactly have many workarounds for getting through the Spectral Realm," Sam says.

Trein grumbles in reply.

Then Vargas says, "C'mon, Professor Trein. Turn that frown upside down! They'll be fine."

"Judging by the grin on your face, I assume you have some sort of plan in mind?" Trein replies with a frown.

"Absolutely. There's only one thing you can count on in times like this... Glorious muscles! I'm sure the brawn they've built up in my classes will drive off the ghosts!" Vargas says with a grin on his face. So relax. Those ghosts got nothin' on my PE curriculum!""

And then laughs, "HAAA HA HA HA!"

But Trein still frowns and says, "I was a fool to even ask."

Then Crewel says, "We've already established that muscles have no bearing on these ghostly encounters, Coach Vargas. Even Jack Howl from Savanaclaw got possessed."

"Nice one, Professor Crewel! Are you a doctor? 'Cause you execute that smackdown with surgical precision!" Sam says, impressed.

But Crowley says, "...Let's cease this bickering for now. We should consider ourselves lucky we got to hear from the Hallowenders at all. Now that they're on the move again, all we can do is cross our fingers and hope our students come back safely. While they are separated, we must stick together in support of our students!"

"...Yes, Headmage," Trein answers.

All the teachers have to agree. All they can do is wait for the students to return.