Chapter 9: It's Busted, Dude

In the Mirror Room, Crowley and the others arrive.

"What's happened?!" Crowley calls out.

Then the others arrive, and see Jamil, Floyd and Ruggie. However, they notice that they're the only ones in the room.

Ruggie notices, "Ah! Headmage! Leona!"

"We've got trouble. Take a look at this," Jamil answers.

Jamil and Ruggie show them the mirror that is emitting a strange dark aura.

"The Dark Mirror is connected to somewhere...?" Crowley says, looking at the mirror.

"I thought all the students were supposed to be sheltering here. Why is it just the three of you? Where's everyone else?" Silver asks.

"Well..." Jamil says.

But Crowley asks the mirror, "Dark Mirror, what happened here?"

The Dark Mirror's face appears, but remains silent.

"Dark Mirror!" Crowley calls out. "Hello? Hellooo! Can you hear me?!"

But the mirror isn't answering.

"It's busted, dude," Floyd says.

Crowley turns to Floyd, "How could you say that about our prized mirror?!"

"No, Floyd's right," Ruggie says. "We brought all the students here just like you told us. And then..."

Flashback: Moments ago

In the Mirror Chamber, Jamil, Floyd, and Ruggie arrive and have all the students inside.

"There, that's everyone," Jamil says.

Then Floyd says, "Y'know, we won't get anywhere just sittin' here, quakin' in our boots. I'm bored. I'mma check on things outside real quick."

"That's just asking for trouble!" Ruggie says, shocked.

Then Otho says, "I'll accompany Floyd Leech! I'm worried about my brother. I can't just stand around doing nothing."

"You both need to stop tempting fate before you make matters worse," Jamily sternly says.

The three continue to talk among themselves, while some of the students look worried.

A Scarabia student says, "Without any housewardens, it's like a herd of cats in here."

A Heartslabyul student suddenly notices something, "...Hey, wait."

A Diasomnia student notices something too, "Something's up with the Dark Mirror."

Other students turn to notice a strange light appears from the Dark Mirror.

Jamil asks in shock, "What's that light? Where's it coming from - ack!"

Suddenly a voice says, "The party will begin as soon as all the guests have arrived."

Jamily calls out, "Get away from the mirror! NOW!"

The glowing light appears as a dark aura surrounds the room.

Everyone screams in fight, "AAAHHH!"

And many students are being sucked into the mirror.

Flashback Ends:

"... So yeah, there was this strange voice, and next thing we know, everyone got sucked into the mirror. If Jamil hadn't thrown up a barrier, it would've been bye-bye for us too." Ruggie explains.

Then Jamil apologizes, "I'm sorry, headmage. It happened so fast that I could only protect those closest to me. Floyd, Ruggie, Ortho, and I were relatively far from the mirror, and now we're the only ones left."

"Oh, dear..." Crowley replies, trying to remain calm after hearing the incident.

Everyone remains silent.

Crowley begins to grow worried,"Oh no.. This can't be... So many students, vanishing en masse... How... How..." Then shouts at the top of his lungs, "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EXPLAIN THIS SCANDAL TO THE PUBLIC?!"

"THAT'S what you're worried about?!" Riddle asks in shock.

"All he cares about is covering his tail," Leona says with a frown and crosses his arms.

Crowley soon begins to panic, "Goodness, I'll have to hold an apology press conference... Oh, but first, I must notify all the parents and guardians... Dear, or dear..."

Jamil then grabs Crowley by his shoulders, "HEADMAGE. Pull yourself together!"

Then calmly says, "The culprit took the students and said the party would start when all the guests had arrived. That means as long as we're here - i.e., as long as all the guests HAVEN'T arrived - everyone else should be safe."

"But of course! There's still a chance we can get ourselves out of this!" Crowley says.

Then Leona says, "Putting the whole safety question aside... This mirror's givin' me a strange vibe. It reeks of unfamiliar magic."

"We have no way of knowing where the Dark Mirror is connected at the present... Yet that magic is palpable, even though the mirror. It's incredibly potent. The power must've interfered with the security barrier covering campus. The barrier normally prevents entry from the outside, but now it's been distorted to prevent exits from within. It's trapping everything inside - people, yes, but time as well," Crowley says.

"So time has stopped because of whatever that power is?" Riddle question.

"I believe so, yes," Crowley says.

Then Floyd suggests, "Then can't we just smash it?"