Chapter 6: By All Means, Weep

The Hallowenders fight with Malleus with all their might. However, it's proven that Malleus has lived up to the expectations of one of the strongest mages in the world. The Hallowenders have fired their magic, but none of them seem to be effective, and it's even harder when Malleus uses his own magic to attack them.

Ace heavily breathes, "Okay, but seriously... That dude's a beast..."

Sebek feels out of breath as well and says, "Of course he is! What did you expect? He is MALLEUS DRACONIA, Briar Valley's heir apparent!"

"Just whose side are you on?!" Ace questions.

"So this is the power of the Roi des Dragons... Truly, it knows no bounds. It feels as though he is but toying with us," Rook replies.

Frustrated and shows signs of exhaustion, Riddle says, "Agh... I'm beginning to feel the toll of all those other battles..."

"Tch, fine. If that's how it's gonna be, I'll just go full throttle with my magic-" Leona says.

But Rook stops him and says, "No, Roi des Lions! Stay your hand, Roi des Roses! We must all return to school and in sound health. You cannot risk an overblot!"

Then Leona says, "Indeed. There is no need to take that risk, Kingscholar."

"'Kingscholar'...?" Know our names, do ya?" Leona replies.

"Er, yes. From hearing your friend say it just now," Malleus says.

But Rook says, "But I called him 'Roi des Lions'?"

"I think I smell a rat," Leona says.

Malleus then remains silent for a minute.

Just then, Lilia comes in, "Milord!"

"Lilia?!" Sebek says, surprised.

Then grows worried, "If he's made it over here, that means he got past Silver's group!"

"One was bad enough. Fighting both of 'em at once sounds like a nightmare..." Ace says.

"This might be it for us..." Riddle says.

Lilia laughs, "Mwahaha. Yes, by all means, weep."

"I'll turn every one of you into ghosts. Don't worry, now - it won't hurt a bit," Malleus says.

And maniacally laughs, "Hehehe... Hahaha... HAAAH HAH HAH HAH!"

Just then, Ace says, "Okay, no way I goin' out like this. After all the grief we've been through, and all the ghosts we had to blast away to get here... The Hallowenders aren't gonna lose... PERIOD!"

Everyone is surprised by Ace's determination.

Riddle is just as surprised, "Ace..."

"For one thing, we still haven't found Briar, Grim, or the others from Ramshackle Dorm. If we give up now, they'll whine our ears off later! Well, mainly Grim..." Ace says.

And right on cue, Grim arrives on the scene, "MRAAAH!"

"Yeah, Grim'll be all like 'Mrah!' and..." Ace says.

However, with the process seeping in, everyone is caught off guard and exclaims, "GRIM?!"

"You're okay?!" Ace asks, shocked.

Confused, Grim replies, "Huh? Course I am."

"You look more than just okay. Your fur has a little more luster than usual," Riddle says.

Just then, Tanzanite, Jasper, Patrick, Albert, and John catch up with Grim. What's more, Jasper, Tanzanite, and Grim are also wearing their costumes as well.

Patrick comes in and asks Grim, "Why'd you have to jump out like that, Grimmy?! Things were just getting good!"

"Aw, shut it! I'm so hungry, I can't take it no more! My stomach's gonna eat itself!" Grim angrily says.

"We brought so many sweets, yet you ate every single one of them! Your stomach is a bottomless pit!" Patrick says.

"With that appetite where does all the food go?" Jasper wonders.

"Hey, don't judge me!" Grim angrily says.

"But you've eaten so much already. You'll get sick at this rate," Tanzanite says.

"Relax. I can eat all the food if I try," Grim says with a grin.

Shocked, Ace says "Tanzanite?"

"Jasper?" Sebek asks, just as shocked.

Then Riddle says, "I recognize those hats. Aren't you the ghosts from Ramshackle Dorm?" and asks, "What are you doing here?"