Chapter 6: Isn't it Important?

Having no other options, Jamil and Silver use their magic to fight against the ghosts, and send them flying.

The ghost yelps, "Nooo! I'm being blown awayyy!"

Silver realizes that the ghost has dropped the mirror as she and the ghosts retreat.

He picks it up and calls out, "Wait! You're forgetting your mirror fragment. Isn't it important? Are you sure you want to leave without it?"

"Ohhh deeear!" the ghost yelps and she flies off.

"...She's gone," Silver says.

"What a strange ghost. She gave us all that grief over one small piece of glass..." Jamil says.

"Actually... this fragment's got a number on the back," Silver says.

Jamil looks at the fragment to see the number, "Hm, you're right. There's a '42' written in tiny text. What could that signify? Those ghosts dropped an invitation when we got rid of them too."

And picks up the invite.

"It says the mirror fragments are essential for the Halloween party," Silver says, looking at the invite.

"Sounds like the thing's more important than we thought," Jamil says.

"I don't know why they're collecting these, but maybe it'll help us get through this," Silver says. "I say we find these fragments ourselves before they can.