Chapter 2: In Milord's Presence

With the Hallowenders reunited, the group have to walk down the staircase to the door that is different from the others. They open the door and walk inside. Soon, they find a large room, big as a gymnasium. Above, there appears to be some of the mirror fragments attached and hanging on the ceiling. There are some glass windows with curtains covering it, some stairs reaching the upper floors with railings, and such. And there is some strange pipe organ music being played in the room.

Silver looks at the place and says, "What a large room. It might be as big as our school gymnasium."

"It would appear we've arrived at a grand hall bedecked in the finest of furnishings. More's the pity it's so dimly lit. Are there any light perchance...?" Rook says.

Suddenly, they hear laughter, "MWAAA HAH HAH!" followed by a voice, "You're late, young ones!"

Everyone becomes surprised to hear the voice, but grows serious and determined as they stand guard.

Riddle demands, "Who's there?!"

Soon, they see someone walking down the stairs.

As the person walks down the stairs, he says, "Why, the very notion of you diminutive creatures keeping milord waiting..."

To everyone's shock, the one who has walked down the stairs to greet them is Lilia.

Lilia continues, "Fie on you! FIE, I say!"

"Lilia?!" Sebek says, shocked.

"Oh, thank the stars you're all right!" Silver says, relieved and approaches his hand out to Lilia.

But suddenly, Lilia pushes Silver away, shocking Silver.

"Wha... Fa-er, Lilia! Why would you push me away?!" Silver asks, shocked.

Suddenly, Lilia says, "Stay back and mind your place! You are in Milord's presence."

"Milord'?" Silver says, confused.

Then realizes in shock, "You don't mean..."

Just then, they begin to hear footsteps as the pipe organ music stops, meaning someone enters the scene.

The familiar voice says, "Heh heh heh... Greetings, living creatures."

Sebek and Silver recognize it right away.

"I know that voice!" Sebek speaks out.

Everyone grows shocked to hear the voice, and suddenly, they begin to hear pipe organ music.

"What in the world... Why is there pipe organ music? And who's playing it?!" Riddle asks, stunned.

"Can it be..." Silver says, still stunned.

Soon, the voice says, "You've kept me waiting for so long..."

And the one to appear is Malleus, "The prelude is over and done, you know."

"MALLEUS?!" Everyone exclaims in shock.

"MY LIEEEGE!" Sebek cries out.

Then Malleus says, "But you did manage to find your way here without a single one of you getting captured by ghosts. That deserves an ovation. And reward. Enjoy the musical performance I proffer you."

And with that, Malleus begins playing the pipe organ again, and it makes music. He's actually very good at playing the pipe organ. And it has come as a shock to everyone.

"Dude... Malleus Craconia himself is bangin' away on the pipe organ!" Ace says, surprised.

Riddle soon realizes, "It was Malleus playing that music when we came in?!"

"A dramatic appearance playing a pipe organ in a grand hall on the bottom level of a dungeon...? No normal person could pull off something so nerd-tastically epic," Idia says, surprised and actually impressed

Ortho is just as impressed and says, "Amazing... Even the way Malleus Draconia flexes is in a whole other level."

Then Malleus says, "Welcome, one and all. I must thank you for so graciously accepting my invitation."

"Your invitation?" Silver questions, but quickly realizes, "So the 'boss' the ghosts were talking about..."

"It was me, of course," Malleus says.

Hearing the concession, Rook asks, "Then it is you who are the mastermind behind this unending Halloween?"

"Why would you do such a thing?!" Riddle demands.