Chapter 10: Is This Blackmail?

The group is able to have Azul pinned down, well it's actually not that hard to grab Azul off guard. Mainly because Azul hasn't done anything that is worth the time.

Azul says, "Ughhh, could you NOT?! I seriously can't keep up with all this high-energy nonsense. You guys are too much of a drain to deal with..."

Soon, the white mist leaves his body and the ghost disappears. Soon Azul comes back to his senses.

"Hm? What was I doing...?" Azul asks.

Jade wonders, "Is this really him?"

Then asks Azul, "... Azul, could you tell me Monstro's Lounge's earnings from last night?"

"Revenue or gross profit?" Azul questions.

"All right, it's him," Jade says.

"Hurray! You're back to normal," Ortho says, happily.

"Normal? I'm afraid I don't follow," Azul says, confused.

"You probably don't remember any of this, but a lot has been happening at school..." Riddle says.

And with that, Riddle and the others explain to Azul about what has happened.

"Halloween isn't ending? How is that possible?" Azul asks, shocked.

"Do you remember anything between when you went to bed and now? Any detail could help, no matter how minor," Riddle questions.

Azul thinks and says, Come to think of it, I had a dream I was floating in the ocean. I was unusually buoyant."

"Huh, that sounds pretty abstract. I doubt it's got anything to do with ghosts," Ruggie says.

"For the record, I don't believe one word of this claptrap about me being possessed," Azul says, not believing them, "Are you trying to set me up? Is this your attempt at blackmail?"

"You really don't trust us, huh? All right, I can show you some proof," Ortho says.

"Proof?" The others say with confused looks.

Soon, Ortho shows them a small projection video of Azul lying on the ground.

Azul says, "If we're goin' to the same place anyway, why do more than just eat and sleep? All you need is a comfy bed..." and yawns.

Stunned, Azul asks, "What is this video?! Is that my lounging idly on the floor?!"

"Were you recording the whole time, Ortho?" Ruggie asks.

"Yep! I figured reviewing footage of people when they're possessed might help us learn more about the ghosts," Ortho says.

"Wait, does that mean..." Riddle asks.

Then Ortho pulls out another recording of Riddle saying, "He always puts forth an unstinting effort. That's the one thing I respect about him! I acknowledge he's someone worth standing together with, as a fellow sophomore housewarden!"

Riddle is baffled and embarrassed, "Augh, I knew it! You didn't need to record all that!"

"Why, Riddle... Oh, that's QUITE the thing to hear. This will undoubtedly come in handy later. Thank you ever so much," Azul says.

"I believe Azul is deeply moved by your impassioned speech, Riddle," Jade says, and smirks in reply.

Riddle says, "The smirk on his face suggests otherwise!"

He huffs and says, "Hmph. I blame the ghosts for all the mortification I've suffered here. They'll pay dearly for this. Whoever this mastermind is, I'll have their head!"